Apr 12, 2012, 7:47 PM EST
“We’re not taking penalties tomorrow,” Babcock said.
That might sound like a tall order, but keep in mind the Red Wings are usually a disciplined team. The only squad to accumulate less penalty minutes than them in the regular season was the Nashville Predators, so you can see why Wednesday’s penalty filled contest raised so many eyebrows.
Babcock has also decided that he needs to put Shea Weber’s controversial hit on Henrik Zetterberg behind him. On Wednesday, Weber shoved Zetterberg’s head into the boards with enough force to reportedly crack Zetterberg’s helmet. Weber was fined, but not suspended for his actions.
“I’ve moved on,” Babcock said.
Really, he has no choice, because Detroit needs to bounce back on Friday to avoid falling behind in the series 2-0.
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 5
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 3
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 9
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15