Apr 12, 2012, 7:47 PM EST
“We’re not taking penalties tomorrow,” Babcock said.
That might sound like a tall order, but keep in mind the Red Wings are usually a disciplined team. The only squad to accumulate less penalty minutes than them in the regular season was the Nashville Predators, so you can see why Wednesday’s penalty filled contest raised so many eyebrows.
Babcock has also decided that he needs to put Shea Weber’s controversial hit on Henrik Zetterberg behind him. On Wednesday, Weber shoved Zetterberg’s head into the boards with enough force to reportedly crack Zetterberg’s helmet. Weber was fined, but not suspended for his actions.
“I’ve moved on,” Babcock said.
Really, he has no choice, because Detroit needs to bounce back on Friday to avoid falling behind in the series 2-0.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 46
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)