Apr 12, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
“We’re not taking penalties tomorrow,” Babcock said.
That might sound like a tall order, but keep in mind the Red Wings are usually a disciplined team. The only squad to accumulate less penalty minutes than them in the regular season was the Nashville Predators, so you can see why Wednesday’s penalty filled contest raised so many eyebrows.
Babcock has also decided that he needs to put Shea Weber’s controversial hit on Henrik Zetterberg behind him. On Wednesday, Weber shoved Zetterberg’s head into the boards with enough force to reportedly crack Zetterberg’s helmet. Weber was fined, but not suspended for his actions.
“I’ve moved on,” Babcock said.
Really, he has no choice, because Detroit needs to bounce back on Friday to avoid falling behind in the series 2-0.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 5
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 21
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 86
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 81
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 0
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 17
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (86)
- Stoll charged with cocaine possession, but not MDMA possession (82)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (81)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)