Apr 11, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault borrowed a line from Todd Bertuzzi‘s media playbook this morning after confirming an earlier report that Daniel Sedin (concussion) would miss tonight’s Canucks-Kings opener at Rogers Arena.
”It is what it is,” said Vigneault, as per LA Kings Insider. “We’ve never talked about elements that we don’t have in our lineup. We’ve always played with the guys that are healthy and capable of helping this team.”
As for the Canucks’ rejigged first line that’s expected to consist of Henrik Sedin, Alex Burrows, and Daniel’s replacement, Mason Raymond, Vigneault added: “That line is going to have to find a way to do what they do. If we put Mason with Hank, it’s because I expect offensive production from that line. Hank has always been (on) one of our offensive lines, and I don’t see that changing tonight.”
Raymond has been much maligned in Vancouver for his lack of production (10 goals in 55 games), and against a Kings team that plays great defense, scoring will be a significant challenge.
Oh, and Vigneault also commented (or didn’t comment) on Daniel’s father, Tommy, telling a Swedish news site that his son suffered a headache following Monday’s practice.
“I am not going to discuss what his father said and if the information is totally true,” Vigneault said. “I’m not going to get into that. Nobody should have but they did. We have the total picture. We know what’s going on and we’re not sharing that. It’s not information that needs to be shared right now. So that’s the way it is.”
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 8
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 44
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (44)