Apr 11, 2012, 3:44 PM EST
Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault borrowed a line from Todd Bertuzzi‘s media playbook this morning after confirming an earlier report that Daniel Sedin (concussion) would miss tonight’s Canucks-Kings opener at Rogers Arena.
”It is what it is,” said Vigneault, as per LA Kings Insider. “We’ve never talked about elements that we don’t have in our lineup. We’ve always played with the guys that are healthy and capable of helping this team.”
As for the Canucks’ rejigged first line that’s expected to consist of Henrik Sedin, Alex Burrows, and Daniel’s replacement, Mason Raymond, Vigneault added: “That line is going to have to find a way to do what they do. If we put Mason with Hank, it’s because I expect offensive production from that line. Hank has always been (on) one of our offensive lines, and I don’t see that changing tonight.”
Raymond has been much maligned in Vancouver for his lack of production (10 goals in 55 games), and against a Kings team that plays great defense, scoring will be a significant challenge.
Oh, and Vigneault also commented (or didn’t comment) on Daniel’s father, Tommy, telling a Swedish news site that his son suffered a headache following Monday’s practice.
“I am not going to discuss what his father said and if the information is totally true,” Vigneault said. “I’m not going to get into that. Nobody should have but they did. We have the total picture. We know what’s going on and we’re not sharing that. It’s not information that needs to be shared right now. So that’s the way it is.”
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 5
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 57
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (59)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)