Apr 11, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault borrowed a line from Todd Bertuzzi‘s media playbook this morning after confirming an earlier report that Daniel Sedin (concussion) would miss tonight’s Canucks-Kings opener at Rogers Arena.
”It is what it is,” said Vigneault, as per LA Kings Insider. “We’ve never talked about elements that we don’t have in our lineup. We’ve always played with the guys that are healthy and capable of helping this team.”
As for the Canucks’ rejigged first line that’s expected to consist of Henrik Sedin, Alex Burrows, and Daniel’s replacement, Mason Raymond, Vigneault added: “That line is going to have to find a way to do what they do. If we put Mason with Hank, it’s because I expect offensive production from that line. Hank has always been (on) one of our offensive lines, and I don’t see that changing tonight.”
Raymond has been much maligned in Vancouver for his lack of production (10 goals in 55 games), and against a Kings team that plays great defense, scoring will be a significant challenge.
Oh, and Vigneault also commented (or didn’t comment) on Daniel’s father, Tommy, telling a Swedish news site that his son suffered a headache following Monday’s practice.
“I am not going to discuss what his father said and if the information is totally true,” Vigneault said. “I’m not going to get into that. Nobody should have but they did. We have the total picture. We know what’s going on and we’re not sharing that. It’s not information that needs to be shared right now. So that’s the way it is.”
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 0
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 59
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (60)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)