Apr 11, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault borrowed a line from Todd Bertuzzi‘s media playbook this morning after confirming an earlier report that Daniel Sedin (concussion) would miss tonight’s Canucks-Kings opener at Rogers Arena.
”It is what it is,” said Vigneault, as per LA Kings Insider. “We’ve never talked about elements that we don’t have in our lineup. We’ve always played with the guys that are healthy and capable of helping this team.”
As for the Canucks’ rejigged first line that’s expected to consist of Henrik Sedin, Alex Burrows, and Daniel’s replacement, Mason Raymond, Vigneault added: “That line is going to have to find a way to do what they do. If we put Mason with Hank, it’s because I expect offensive production from that line. Hank has always been (on) one of our offensive lines, and I don’t see that changing tonight.”
Raymond has been much maligned in Vancouver for his lack of production (10 goals in 55 games), and against a Kings team that plays great defense, scoring will be a significant challenge.
Oh, and Vigneault also commented (or didn’t comment) on Daniel’s father, Tommy, telling a Swedish news site that his son suffered a headache following Monday’s practice.
“I am not going to discuss what his father said and if the information is totally true,” Vigneault said. “I’m not going to get into that. Nobody should have but they did. We have the total picture. We know what’s going on and we’re not sharing that. It’s not information that needs to be shared right now. So that’s the way it is.”
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 6
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 51
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 14
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)