Apr 11, 2012, 3:44 PM EDT
Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault borrowed a line from Todd Bertuzzi‘s media playbook this morning after confirming an earlier report that Daniel Sedin (concussion) would miss tonight’s Canucks-Kings opener at Rogers Arena.
”It is what it is,” said Vigneault, as per LA Kings Insider. “We’ve never talked about elements that we don’t have in our lineup. We’ve always played with the guys that are healthy and capable of helping this team.”
As for the Canucks’ rejigged first line that’s expected to consist of Henrik Sedin, Alex Burrows, and Daniel’s replacement, Mason Raymond, Vigneault added: “That line is going to have to find a way to do what they do. If we put Mason with Hank, it’s because I expect offensive production from that line. Hank has always been (on) one of our offensive lines, and I don’t see that changing tonight.”
Raymond has been much maligned in Vancouver for his lack of production (10 goals in 55 games), and against a Kings team that plays great defense, scoring will be a significant challenge.
Oh, and Vigneault also commented (or didn’t comment) on Daniel’s father, Tommy, telling a Swedish news site that his son suffered a headache following Monday’s practice.
“I am not going to discuss what his father said and if the information is totally true,” Vigneault said. “I’m not going to get into that. Nobody should have but they did. We have the total picture. We know what’s going on and we’re not sharing that. It’s not information that needs to be shared right now. So that’s the way it is.”
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 0
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 25
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)