Apr 11, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Well, you know it’s the playoffs when the Adventure Aquarium in Camden is renaming all of its penguins after current Flyers.
The Penguins, uh, penguins, will display their new names in what was formerly known as “Penguin Island,” in the aquarium, complete with Flyers décor. The area is being renamed “Flyers Island” until the playoffs conclude.
Camden is a city in New Jersey right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so while it’s not in Pennsylvania, it’s still Flyers country.
No truth to the rumor the Pittsburgh Zoo plans to name all its orangutans after current Penguins to avoid looking like Flyers fans.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)