Apr 11, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Well, you know it’s the playoffs when the Adventure Aquarium in Camden is renaming all of its penguins after current Flyers.
The Penguins, uh, penguins, will display their new names in what was formerly known as “Penguin Island,” in the aquarium, complete with Flyers décor. The area is being renamed “Flyers Island” until the playoffs conclude.
Camden is a city in New Jersey right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so while it’s not in Pennsylvania, it’s still Flyers country.
No truth to the rumor the Pittsburgh Zoo plans to name all its orangutans after current Penguins to avoid looking like Flyers fans.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32