Apr 11, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Well, you know it’s the playoffs when the Adventure Aquarium in Camden is renaming all of its penguins after current Flyers.
The Penguins, uh, penguins, will display their new names in what was formerly known as “Penguin Island,” in the aquarium, complete with Flyers décor. The area is being renamed “Flyers Island” until the playoffs conclude.
Camden is a city in New Jersey right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so while it’s not in Pennsylvania, it’s still Flyers country.
No truth to the rumor the Pittsburgh Zoo plans to name all its orangutans after current Penguins to avoid looking like Flyers fans.
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 0
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 7
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 16
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 25
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 27
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)