Apr 11, 2012, 6:51 PM EST
Well, you know it’s the playoffs when the Adventure Aquarium in Camden is renaming all of its penguins after current Flyers.
The Penguins, uh, penguins, will display their new names in what was formerly known as “Penguin Island,” in the aquarium, complete with Flyers décor. The area is being renamed “Flyers Island” until the playoffs conclude.
Camden is a city in New Jersey right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so while it’s not in Pennsylvania, it’s still Flyers country.
No truth to the rumor the Pittsburgh Zoo plans to name all its orangutans after current Penguins to avoid looking like Flyers fans.
- In praise of the Hamburglar 7
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 4
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 9
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (173)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)