Apr 11, 2012, 6:51 PM EDT
Well, you know it’s the playoffs when the Adventure Aquarium in Camden is renaming all of its penguins after current Flyers.
The Penguins, uh, penguins, will display their new names in what was formerly known as “Penguin Island,” in the aquarium, complete with Flyers décor. The area is being renamed “Flyers Island” until the playoffs conclude.
Camden is a city in New Jersey right across the Delaware River from Philadelphia, so while it’s not in Pennsylvania, it’s still Flyers country.
No truth to the rumor the Pittsburgh Zoo plans to name all its orangutans after current Penguins to avoid looking like Flyers fans.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (85)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)