Apr 11, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Almost every team has their post-game victory song and the Flyers are using theirs as inspiration for the team’s playoff t-shirt.
Frank Seravalli of Philadelphia Daily News gets the scoop on what the team is wearing and how it ties into their victory song, “Knock Knock” by Mac Miller.
Aside from the standard, team-issue gear, the Flyers are wearing new playoff t-shirts under their equipment, one that pays homage to their post-game victory song.
The back of the shirt, as pictured, says “16 Knock Knock’s” in honor of Mac Miller’s song “Knock Knock,” which the Flyers made famous through HBO’s “24/7” documentary.
All right so this song isn’t quite as catchy as the one the Flyers used during their 2010 run through the playoffs, Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”, but it’s tough to be more ear worm-worthy than MJ. Their shirts for these playoffs also have a Jaromir Jagr quote on the sleeve to give it that veteran touch. At least Mac Miller can say he and Jagr have something in common. If you haven’t heard “Knock Knock” before, get a taste of it here.
At the very least, we’ll take Mac Miller over what the Capitals used during their run on 24/7 when they used DJ Pauly D’s “Beat Dat Beat” to celebrate wins. Hey, the less Jersey Shore hanging around the playoffs, the better.
(Photo credit: Frank Seravalli)
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)