Apr 11, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Almost every team has their post-game victory song and the Flyers are using theirs as inspiration for the team’s playoff t-shirt.
Frank Seravalli of Philadelphia Daily News gets the scoop on what the team is wearing and how it ties into their victory song, “Knock Knock” by Mac Miller.
Aside from the standard, team-issue gear, the Flyers are wearing new playoff t-shirts under their equipment, one that pays homage to their post-game victory song.
The back of the shirt, as pictured, says “16 Knock Knock’s” in honor of Mac Miller’s song “Knock Knock,” which the Flyers made famous through HBO’s “24/7” documentary.
All right so this song isn’t quite as catchy as the one the Flyers used during their 2010 run through the playoffs, Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”, but it’s tough to be more ear worm-worthy than MJ. Their shirts for these playoffs also have a Jaromir Jagr quote on the sleeve to give it that veteran touch. At least Mac Miller can say he and Jagr have something in common. If you haven’t heard “Knock Knock” before, get a taste of it here.
At the very least, we’ll take Mac Miller over what the Capitals used during their run on 24/7 when they used DJ Pauly D’s “Beat Dat Beat” to celebrate wins. Hey, the less Jersey Shore hanging around the playoffs, the better.
(Photo credit: Frank Seravalli)
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 8
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 37
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 89
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 4
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (171)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (89)