Apr 11, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Almost every team has their post-game victory song and the Flyers are using theirs as inspiration for the team’s playoff t-shirt.
Frank Seravalli of Philadelphia Daily News gets the scoop on what the team is wearing and how it ties into their victory song, “Knock Knock” by Mac Miller.
Aside from the standard, team-issue gear, the Flyers are wearing new playoff t-shirts under their equipment, one that pays homage to their post-game victory song.
The back of the shirt, as pictured, says “16 Knock Knock’s” in honor of Mac Miller’s song “Knock Knock,” which the Flyers made famous through HBO’s “24/7” documentary.
All right so this song isn’t quite as catchy as the one the Flyers used during their 2010 run through the playoffs, Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”, but it’s tough to be more ear worm-worthy than MJ. Their shirts for these playoffs also have a Jaromir Jagr quote on the sleeve to give it that veteran touch. At least Mac Miller can say he and Jagr have something in common. If you haven’t heard “Knock Knock” before, get a taste of it here.
At the very least, we’ll take Mac Miller over what the Capitals used during their run on 24/7 when they used DJ Pauly D’s “Beat Dat Beat” to celebrate wins. Hey, the less Jersey Shore hanging around the playoffs, the better.
(Photo credit: Frank Seravalli)
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 2
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 48
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)