Apr 11, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Almost every team has their post-game victory song and the Flyers are using theirs as inspiration for the team’s playoff t-shirt.
Frank Seravalli of Philadelphia Daily News gets the scoop on what the team is wearing and how it ties into their victory song, “Knock Knock” by Mac Miller.
Aside from the standard, team-issue gear, the Flyers are wearing new playoff t-shirts under their equipment, one that pays homage to their post-game victory song.
The back of the shirt, as pictured, says “16 Knock Knock’s” in honor of Mac Miller’s song “Knock Knock,” which the Flyers made famous through HBO’s “24/7” documentary.
All right so this song isn’t quite as catchy as the one the Flyers used during their 2010 run through the playoffs, Michael Jackson’s “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough”, but it’s tough to be more ear worm-worthy than MJ. Their shirts for these playoffs also have a Jaromir Jagr quote on the sleeve to give it that veteran touch. At least Mac Miller can say he and Jagr have something in common. If you haven’t heard “Knock Knock” before, get a taste of it here.
At the very least, we’ll take Mac Miller over what the Capitals used during their run on 24/7 when they used DJ Pauly D’s “Beat Dat Beat” to celebrate wins. Hey, the less Jersey Shore hanging around the playoffs, the better.
(Photo credit: Frank Seravalli)
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)