Apr 11, 2012, 11:21 PM EST
While Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins fans bicker over Danny Briere‘s offside goal, Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators fans have something to argue about as well. In the waning moments of the Predators’ close 3-2 win, Shea Weber really roughed up Henrik Zetterberg, seemingly slamming his head into the glass a couple times.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
(I’ve heard a few references made to professional wrestlers bashing each others’ heads into “turnbuckles” and I must say that it does kind of resemble that action. Agreed?)
That star-on-star crime certainly didn’t look good and Jeremy Roenick was incensed enough to say that it was suspension-worthy, but what do you think?
It’s interesting to note that Zetterberg’s been involved in some late game tomfoolery in the playoffs before; one might recall Evgeni Malkin getting away with some slightly unsavory business with Zetterberg during the 2009 Stanley Cup finals, for instance.
The Predators aren’t far removed from suspension debates in the playoffs, either. You might remember that Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan received a two-game reprimand for using his skate in a dangerous way in a 2011 series that ended up being Nashville’s first-ever series win. Will they be on the wrong end of the law this time around, though?
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)