Apr 11, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins fans bicker over Danny Briere‘s offside goal, Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators fans have something to argue about as well. In the waning moments of the Predators’ close 3-2 win, Shea Weber really roughed up Henrik Zetterberg, seemingly slamming his head into the glass a couple times.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
(I’ve heard a few references made to professional wrestlers bashing each others’ heads into “turnbuckles” and I must say that it does kind of resemble that action. Agreed?)
That star-on-star crime certainly didn’t look good and Jeremy Roenick was incensed enough to say that it was suspension-worthy, but what do you think?
It’s interesting to note that Zetterberg’s been involved in some late game tomfoolery in the playoffs before; one might recall Evgeni Malkin getting away with some slightly unsavory business with Zetterberg during the 2009 Stanley Cup finals, for instance.
The Predators aren’t far removed from suspension debates in the playoffs, either. You might remember that Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan received a two-game reprimand for using his skate in a dangerous way in a 2011 series that ended up being Nashville’s first-ever series win. Will they be on the wrong end of the law this time around, though?
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)