Apr 11, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins fans bicker over Danny Briere‘s offside goal, Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators fans have something to argue about as well. In the waning moments of the Predators’ close 3-2 win, Shea Weber really roughed up Henrik Zetterberg, seemingly slamming his head into the glass a couple times.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
(I’ve heard a few references made to professional wrestlers bashing each others’ heads into “turnbuckles” and I must say that it does kind of resemble that action. Agreed?)
That star-on-star crime certainly didn’t look good and Jeremy Roenick was incensed enough to say that it was suspension-worthy, but what do you think?
It’s interesting to note that Zetterberg’s been involved in some late game tomfoolery in the playoffs before; one might recall Evgeni Malkin getting away with some slightly unsavory business with Zetterberg during the 2009 Stanley Cup finals, for instance.
The Predators aren’t far removed from suspension debates in the playoffs, either. You might remember that Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan received a two-game reprimand for using his skate in a dangerous way in a 2011 series that ended up being Nashville’s first-ever series win. Will they be on the wrong end of the law this time around, though?
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)