Apr 11, 2012, 11:21 PM EDT
While Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins fans bicker over Danny Briere‘s offside goal, Detroit Red Wings and Nashville Predators fans have something to argue about as well. In the waning moments of the Predators’ close 3-2 win, Shea Weber really roughed up Henrik Zetterberg, seemingly slamming his head into the glass a couple times.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
(I’ve heard a few references made to professional wrestlers bashing each others’ heads into “turnbuckles” and I must say that it does kind of resemble that action. Agreed?)
That star-on-star crime certainly didn’t look good and Jeremy Roenick was incensed enough to say that it was suspension-worthy, but what do you think?
It’s interesting to note that Zetterberg’s been involved in some late game tomfoolery in the playoffs before; one might recall Evgeni Malkin getting away with some slightly unsavory business with Zetterberg during the 2009 Stanley Cup finals, for instance.
The Predators aren’t far removed from suspension debates in the playoffs, either. You might remember that Anaheim Ducks forward Bobby Ryan received a two-game reprimand for using his skate in a dangerous way in a 2011 series that ended up being Nashville’s first-ever series win. Will they be on the wrong end of the law this time around, though?
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (81)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)