Apr 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Hey, remember like four hours ago when we said there were three ownership groups interested in purchasing the Coyotes? Well, according to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale has decided to move forward with one of them – former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison’s.
Over the next few weeks, the two sides will reportedly try to negotiate an arena lease at city-owned Jobing.com Arena – a lease that will be structured in a way to avoid legal challenges by the Goldwater Institute.
The Business Journal also writes that the NHL, which owns the Coyotes, “is poised to finalize a Jamison deal as soon as an arena lease with Glendale is approved.”
In other words, if Glendale and Jamison can bang out a lease that satisfies everyone, this whole thing could be behind us.
And it’ll be just that easy.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 6
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)