Apr 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
Hey, remember like four hours ago when we said there were three ownership groups interested in purchasing the Coyotes? Well, according to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale has decided to move forward with one of them – former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison’s.
Over the next few weeks, the two sides will reportedly try to negotiate an arena lease at city-owned Jobing.com Arena – a lease that will be structured in a way to avoid legal challenges by the Goldwater Institute.
The Business Journal also writes that the NHL, which owns the Coyotes, “is poised to finalize a Jamison deal as soon as an arena lease with Glendale is approved.”
In other words, if Glendale and Jamison can bang out a lease that satisfies everyone, this whole thing could be behind us.
And it’ll be just that easy.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5