Apr 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EST
Hey, remember like four hours ago when we said there were three ownership groups interested in purchasing the Coyotes? Well, according to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale has decided to move forward with one of them – former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison’s.
Over the next few weeks, the two sides will reportedly try to negotiate an arena lease at city-owned Jobing.com Arena – a lease that will be structured in a way to avoid legal challenges by the Goldwater Institute.
The Business Journal also writes that the NHL, which owns the Coyotes, “is poised to finalize a Jamison deal as soon as an arena lease with Glendale is approved.”
In other words, if Glendale and Jamison can bang out a lease that satisfies everyone, this whole thing could be behind us.
And it’ll be just that easy.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5