Apr 11, 2012, 5:40 PM EST
Hey, remember like four hours ago when we said there were three ownership groups interested in purchasing the Coyotes? Well, according to the Phoenix Business Journal, the City of Glendale has decided to move forward with one of them – former San Jose Sharks CEO Greg Jamison’s.
Over the next few weeks, the two sides will reportedly try to negotiate an arena lease at city-owned Jobing.com Arena – a lease that will be structured in a way to avoid legal challenges by the Goldwater Institute.
The Business Journal also writes that the NHL, which owns the Coyotes, “is poised to finalize a Jamison deal as soon as an arena lease with Glendale is approved.”
In other words, if Glendale and Jamison can bang out a lease that satisfies everyone, this whole thing could be behind us.
And it’ll be just that easy.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)