Apr 11, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek has yet to drive Newark Mayor Cory Booker insane, but he’s driven him to poetry, which in this day and age is practically the same thing.
On hand to announce the return of the Dodge Poetry Festival (
brought to you by Dodge Ram) to the city, Booker recited a couple of poems he wrote as a way to ease the stress caused by his much-publicized dispute with Vanderbeek over rent and parking revenues at Prudential Center.
As reported by the Star-Ledger, here’s how Booker’s first poem began:
“I will not lie down and I’ll never say die/Fallen to the ground — I still believe I can fly/Curse me and you just make me strong/Say I can’t and I will prove you wrong.”
And here’s how his second poem ended:
“Sometimes just going to bed is the best antidote to trials and tribulations/And sometimes just being blessed to get up again and face it all, for one more day, is worthy of celebration.”
I guess those are decent poems, though I feel like he might’ve stolen part of the first one from that Seal song.
A better poem would’ve been this:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Hey Vanderbeek, that’s you.
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 0
- Will winning trump revenge tonight? 3
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 7
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)