Apr 11, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek has yet to drive Newark Mayor Cory Booker insane, but he’s driven him to poetry, which in this day and age is practically the same thing.
On hand to announce the return of the Dodge Poetry Festival (
brought to you by Dodge Ram) to the city, Booker recited a couple of poems he wrote as a way to ease the stress caused by his much-publicized dispute with Vanderbeek over rent and parking revenues at Prudential Center.
As reported by the Star-Ledger, here’s how Booker’s first poem began:
“I will not lie down and I’ll never say die/Fallen to the ground — I still believe I can fly/Curse me and you just make me strong/Say I can’t and I will prove you wrong.”
And here’s how his second poem ended:
“Sometimes just going to bed is the best antidote to trials and tribulations/And sometimes just being blessed to get up again and face it all, for one more day, is worthy of celebration.”
I guess those are decent poems, though I feel like he might’ve stolen part of the first one from that Seal song.
A better poem would’ve been this:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Hey Vanderbeek, that’s you.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)