Apr 11, 2012, 3:18 PM EDT
Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek has yet to drive Newark Mayor Cory Booker insane, but he’s driven him to poetry, which in this day and age is practically the same thing.
On hand to announce the return of the Dodge Poetry Festival (
brought to you by Dodge Ram) to the city, Booker recited a couple of poems he wrote as a way to ease the stress caused by his much-publicized dispute with Vanderbeek over rent and parking revenues at Prudential Center.
As reported by the Star-Ledger, here’s how Booker’s first poem began:
“I will not lie down and I’ll never say die/Fallen to the ground — I still believe I can fly/Curse me and you just make me strong/Say I can’t and I will prove you wrong.”
And here’s how his second poem ended:
“Sometimes just going to bed is the best antidote to trials and tribulations/And sometimes just being blessed to get up again and face it all, for one more day, is worthy of celebration.”
I guess those are decent poems, though I feel like he might’ve stolen part of the first one from that Seal song.
A better poem would’ve been this:
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Hey Vanderbeek, that’s you.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)