Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 PM EST
If anything, the Edmonton Oilers might generally be guilty of rushing young players into action too soon. (Just ask Tyler Dellow.) Still, not every whipper snapper is on the fast track and Copper & Blue points out that Linus Omark isn’t especially happy about his relationship with the team’s management.
When a fan gave him a boost on Twitter and simultaneously pumped up Omark in his quest to prove the Oilers wrong, the young Swede provided a surprisingly frank response. (Forgive the Twitter shorthand, as this is an exact quote.)
“I live to show that the ‘two’ are wrong. But I really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team.”
It’s not abundantly clear who exactly the “two” are. My guess it’s head coach Tom Renney and general manager Steve Tambellini, but it could be other front office members or perhaps Renney and another coach. Either way, it’s a sign that Omark might be a little bit disgruntled.
After playing in 51 games (five goals, 27 points, -16 rating) last season, Omark only played in 14 this season, registering three goals and zero helpers with a -5 rating. At 25 years old, he’ll be a restricted free agent, so he’d need a trade or for the Oilers to let him walk in order to get away from the “two.” Taking to social media certainly would rank as an interesting (and unusual) way to make that happen.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)