Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
If anything, the Edmonton Oilers might generally be guilty of rushing young players into action too soon. (Just ask Tyler Dellow.) Still, not every whipper snapper is on the fast track and Copper & Blue points out that Linus Omark isn’t especially happy about his relationship with the team’s management.
When a fan gave him a boost on Twitter and simultaneously pumped up Omark in his quest to prove the Oilers wrong, the young Swede provided a surprisingly frank response. (Forgive the Twitter shorthand, as this is an exact quote.)
“I live to show that the ‘two’ are wrong. But I really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team.”
It’s not abundantly clear who exactly the “two” are. My guess it’s head coach Tom Renney and general manager Steve Tambellini, but it could be other front office members or perhaps Renney and another coach. Either way, it’s a sign that Omark might be a little bit disgruntled.
After playing in 51 games (five goals, 27 points, -16 rating) last season, Omark only played in 14 this season, registering three goals and zero helpers with a -5 rating. At 25 years old, he’ll be a restricted free agent, so he’d need a trade or for the Oilers to let him walk in order to get away from the “two.” Taking to social media certainly would rank as an interesting (and unusual) way to make that happen.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 20
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 16
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 22
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 14
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 126
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (126)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)