Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
If anything, the Edmonton Oilers might generally be guilty of rushing young players into action too soon. (Just ask Tyler Dellow.) Still, not every whipper snapper is on the fast track and Copper & Blue points out that Linus Omark isn’t especially happy about his relationship with the team’s management.
When a fan gave him a boost on Twitter and simultaneously pumped up Omark in his quest to prove the Oilers wrong, the young Swede provided a surprisingly frank response. (Forgive the Twitter shorthand, as this is an exact quote.)
“I live to show that the ‘two’ are wrong. But I really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team.”
It’s not abundantly clear who exactly the “two” are. My guess it’s head coach Tom Renney and general manager Steve Tambellini, but it could be other front office members or perhaps Renney and another coach. Either way, it’s a sign that Omark might be a little bit disgruntled.
After playing in 51 games (five goals, 27 points, -16 rating) last season, Omark only played in 14 this season, registering three goals and zero helpers with a -5 rating. At 25 years old, he’ll be a restricted free agent, so he’d need a trade or for the Oilers to let him walk in order to get away from the “two.” Taking to social media certainly would rank as an interesting (and unusual) way to make that happen.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)