Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 PM EST
If anything, the Edmonton Oilers might generally be guilty of rushing young players into action too soon. (Just ask Tyler Dellow.) Still, not every whipper snapper is on the fast track and Copper & Blue points out that Linus Omark isn’t especially happy about his relationship with the team’s management.
When a fan gave him a boost on Twitter and simultaneously pumped up Omark in his quest to prove the Oilers wrong, the young Swede provided a surprisingly frank response. (Forgive the Twitter shorthand, as this is an exact quote.)
“I live to show that the ‘two’ are wrong. But I really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team.”
It’s not abundantly clear who exactly the “two” are. My guess it’s head coach Tom Renney and general manager Steve Tambellini, but it could be other front office members or perhaps Renney and another coach. Either way, it’s a sign that Omark might be a little bit disgruntled.
After playing in 51 games (five goals, 27 points, -16 rating) last season, Omark only played in 14 this season, registering three goals and zero helpers with a -5 rating. At 25 years old, he’ll be a restricted free agent, so he’d need a trade or for the Oilers to let him walk in order to get away from the “two.” Taking to social media certainly would rank as an interesting (and unusual) way to make that happen.
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 16
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 24
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)