Apr 11, 2012, 7:36 PM EDT
If anything, the Edmonton Oilers might generally be guilty of rushing young players into action too soon. (Just ask Tyler Dellow.) Still, not every whipper snapper is on the fast track and Copper & Blue points out that Linus Omark isn’t especially happy about his relationship with the team’s management.
When a fan gave him a boost on Twitter and simultaneously pumped up Omark in his quest to prove the Oilers wrong, the young Swede provided a surprisingly frank response. (Forgive the Twitter shorthand, as this is an exact quote.)
“I live to show that the ‘two’ are wrong. But I really hope edm let me have a chance in another nhl team.”
It’s not abundantly clear who exactly the “two” are. My guess it’s head coach Tom Renney and general manager Steve Tambellini, but it could be other front office members or perhaps Renney and another coach. Either way, it’s a sign that Omark might be a little bit disgruntled.
After playing in 51 games (five goals, 27 points, -16 rating) last season, Omark only played in 14 this season, registering three goals and zero helpers with a -5 rating. At 25 years old, he’ll be a restricted free agent, so he’d need a trade or for the Oilers to let him walk in order to get away from the “two.” Taking to social media certainly would rank as an interesting (and unusual) way to make that happen.
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 0
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 15
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 98
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 27
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)