Apr 11, 2012, 12:13 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr knows all too well that Pittsburgh will be a hostile atmosphere for him and his Flyers teammates but he wouldn’t expect things to be any different as he tells Sarah Baicker of CSNPhilly.com. In fact, Jagr thinks someone else with the team might be more disliked than he is.
“I don’t think I’m Public Enemy No. 1,” Jagr said with a grin. “I think Lavy [coach Peter Laviolette] is right now. At least that’s what I saw last game.”
Very funny, Jags. But seriously, tell us what you think about this series and how the fans will treat you in Pittsburgh.
“It’s not anything new to me,” Jagr said after Tuesday’s practice in New Jersey. “It happened right away after 2000 when I got traded to Washington. It’s already 12 years. That’s exactly what I expected.”
Jagr’s first return to Pittsburgh in December this season saw him score a goal and lead the Flyers to victory. Teammate and fellow ex-Penguin Maxime Talbot scored the empty-net goal to ice the game. This time around, it could wind up being a seven-game brawl for it all with four games set in Pittsburgh. With how temperamental Jagr has been with any games concerning Pittsburgh, how he plays will be under the microscope.
The Flyers are hoping he can turn back the clock and show some of those old skills he used to show off only to beat Pittsburgh, not win it for them.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)