Apr 11, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
In a weird and wild game that only seems fitting for catfish chucking, the Nashville Predators managed to hold onto what was a 3-1 lead by winning 3-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, giving them a 1-0 series lead. Feel free to field plenty of different questions in the comments, but here are a few stray thoughts.
- Shea Weber unleashed a little fury on Henrik Zetterberg in the waning moments, seemingly hammering his head into the glass. Jeremy Roenick thinks that it’s suspension material, but how do you feel?
- Can the road-weak Red Wings steal a game or two in what’s being called a “college” atmosphere in Nashville as this series goes on? This series might be a prime example of when home ice does matter.
- Does Mike Babcock have a point in being furious about officiating?
- Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque scored twice in the contest. Could he be a factor in this series?
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 27
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)