Apr 11, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
In a weird and wild game that only seems fitting for catfish chucking, the Nashville Predators managed to hold onto what was a 3-1 lead by winning 3-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, giving them a 1-0 series lead. Feel free to field plenty of different questions in the comments, but here are a few stray thoughts.
- Shea Weber unleashed a little fury on Henrik Zetterberg in the waning moments, seemingly hammering his head into the glass. Jeremy Roenick thinks that it’s suspension material, but how do you feel?
- Can the road-weak Red Wings steal a game or two in what’s being called a “college” atmosphere in Nashville as this series goes on? This series might be a prime example of when home ice does matter.
- Does Mike Babcock have a point in being furious about officiating?
- Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque scored twice in the contest. Could he be a factor in this series?
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 51
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 13
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (51)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- ‘Don’t ruin a good thing,’ says Don Cherry after historic Rogers-NHL deal (32)