Apr 11, 2012, 10:55 PM EDT
In a weird and wild game that only seems fitting for catfish chucking, the Nashville Predators managed to hold onto what was a 3-1 lead by winning 3-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, giving them a 1-0 series lead. Feel free to field plenty of different questions in the comments, but here are a few stray thoughts.
- Shea Weber unleashed a little fury on Henrik Zetterberg in the waning moments, seemingly hammering his head into the glass. Jeremy Roenick thinks that it’s suspension material, but how do you feel?
- Can the road-weak Red Wings steal a game or two in what’s being called a “college” atmosphere in Nashville as this series goes on? This series might be a prime example of when home ice does matter.
- Does Mike Babcock have a point in being furious about officiating?
- Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque scored twice in the contest. Could he be a factor in this series?
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 12
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 21
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 58
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)