Apr 11, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
In a weird and wild game that only seems fitting for catfish chucking, the Nashville Predators managed to hold onto what was a 3-1 lead by winning 3-2 against the Detroit Red Wings, giving them a 1-0 series lead. Feel free to field plenty of different questions in the comments, but here are a few stray thoughts.
- Shea Weber unleashed a little fury on Henrik Zetterberg in the waning moments, seemingly hammering his head into the glass. Jeremy Roenick thinks that it’s suspension material, but how do you feel?
- Can the road-weak Red Wings steal a game or two in what’s being called a “college” atmosphere in Nashville as this series goes on? This series might be a prime example of when home ice does matter.
- Does Mike Babcock have a point in being furious about officiating?
- Predators rookie Gabriel Bourque scored twice in the contest. Could he be a factor in this series?
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 10
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)