Apr 11, 2012, 10:35 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers looked left for dead when the Pittsburgh Penguins opened up Game 1 with a 3-0 lead, but Peter Laviolette’s bunch is pretty comfortable bucking conventional wisdom. Danny Briere scored two goals – including one obviously divisive one – to make it a game. The Flyers’ young guns then came through as Brayden Schenn tied it up and Jakub “Baby Jagr” Voracek won it 4-3 about two and a half minutes into overtime.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Here are a few things to chew on, then:
- The Flyers showed that they can roll with the punches. How will the Penguins react in Game 2?
- Speaking of reactions, did Dan Bylsma take his foot off the gas pedal or did Philly just overwhelm Pittsburgh with crafty play?
- Sidney Crosby scored a goal and an assist but Evgeni Malkin was held without a point. Will Geno start to feel some heat if he has a quiet Game 2?
- Should the Penguins make stopping Danny Briere a bigger priority than shutting down Claude Giroux? Or is it flat-out pointless to micromanage too much against a team as explosive as the Flyers?
- Ilya Bryzgalov was able to shake off a tough start, but is he the right “guy” for Philly?
- How long will it take you to get tired of that Briere offside goal? Are you already sick of it?
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21