Apr 11, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Scary stuff out of the Detroit Red Wings-Nashville Predators game: John Keating reports that Darren Helm has been admitted to a hospital after his wrist was cut by an errant skate. It probably goes without saying, but the Red Wings report that he won’t return to the game.
Here’s video of the incident, via Kukla’s Korner.
People have compared the incident to what happened to Mike Modano in his only season with the Red Wings in 2010-11. Skate-related injuries are almost always scary, so it wouldn’t be surprising if this keeps the speedy winger out for some time. We’ll keep an eye out for updates on his condition.
Helm was actually a surprise to play tonight as he missed the last 10 games of the season with a knee injury, but now he has another issue to deal with.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 7
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 29
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)