Apr 11, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Sometimes talking too much can get you into trouble. Just ask Roberto “Easy Save for Me” Luongo how last year’s Stanley Cup finals turned out.
So, are the Philadelphia Flyers about to learn the same lesson after all that’s been said about Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Pens coach Dan Bylsma joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to discuss that topic, and he had a message for the Flyers and any other team that chooses to speak ill of his captain.
“In terms of talking about our players I would think that having experience talking about Sidney Crosby hasn’t been a good thing in the past for the opposition,” said Bysma. “I am not sure if I would be talking too loud if I was trying to get him off his game.”
But that’s exactly what Pittsburgh’s opponent’s have been doing — talking about Crosby, and also Evgeni Malkin.
Monday, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube said Crosby “whines to the refs all day and all night” and called Crosby and Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
Thursday, Rangers head coach John Tortorella referred to the Pens’ “two whining stars” — presumably Crosby and Malkin.
Friday, Crosby responded thusly: “The game’s played on the ice. You get all this stuff going on. It really is garbage. It’s nonsense and if they want to do it great, but I’m not going to waste my time answering questions about it all the time.”
Tonight, we’ll see how he responds on the ice.
You can listen to the full Bylsma interview here.
In the meantime, somebody buy Crosby this shirt:
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (86)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)