Apr 11, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Sometimes talking too much can get you into trouble. Just ask Roberto “Easy Save for Me” Luongo how last year’s Stanley Cup finals turned out.
So, are the Philadelphia Flyers about to learn the same lesson after all that’s been said about Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Pens coach Dan Bylsma joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to discuss that topic, and he had a message for the Flyers and any other team that chooses to speak ill of his captain.
“In terms of talking about our players I would think that having experience talking about Sidney Crosby hasn’t been a good thing in the past for the opposition,” said Bysma. “I am not sure if I would be talking too loud if I was trying to get him off his game.”
But that’s exactly what Pittsburgh’s opponent’s have been doing — talking about Crosby, and also Evgeni Malkin.
Monday, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube said Crosby “whines to the refs all day and all night” and called Crosby and Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
Thursday, Rangers head coach John Tortorella referred to the Pens’ “two whining stars” — presumably Crosby and Malkin.
Friday, Crosby responded thusly: “The game’s played on the ice. You get all this stuff going on. It really is garbage. It’s nonsense and if they want to do it great, but I’m not going to waste my time answering questions about it all the time.”
Tonight, we’ll see how he responds on the ice.
You can listen to the full Bylsma interview here.
In the meantime, somebody buy Crosby this shirt:
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)