Apr 11, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
Sometimes talking too much can get you into trouble. Just ask Roberto “Easy Save for Me” Luongo how last year’s Stanley Cup finals turned out.
So, are the Philadelphia Flyers about to learn the same lesson after all that’s been said about Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Pens coach Dan Bylsma joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to discuss that topic, and he had a message for the Flyers and any other team that chooses to speak ill of his captain.
“In terms of talking about our players I would think that having experience talking about Sidney Crosby hasn’t been a good thing in the past for the opposition,” said Bysma. “I am not sure if I would be talking too loud if I was trying to get him off his game.”
But that’s exactly what Pittsburgh’s opponent’s have been doing — talking about Crosby, and also Evgeni Malkin.
Monday, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube said Crosby “whines to the refs all day and all night” and called Crosby and Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
Thursday, Rangers head coach John Tortorella referred to the Pens’ “two whining stars” — presumably Crosby and Malkin.
Friday, Crosby responded thusly: “The game’s played on the ice. You get all this stuff going on. It really is garbage. It’s nonsense and if they want to do it great, but I’m not going to waste my time answering questions about it all the time.”
Tonight, we’ll see how he responds on the ice.
You can listen to the full Bylsma interview here.
In the meantime, somebody buy Crosby this shirt:
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 14
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)