Apr 11, 2012, 4:53 PM EDT
Sometimes talking too much can get you into trouble. Just ask Roberto “Easy Save for Me” Luongo how last year’s Stanley Cup finals turned out.
So, are the Philadelphia Flyers about to learn the same lesson after all that’s been said about Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Pens coach Dan Bylsma joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to discuss that topic, and he had a message for the Flyers and any other team that chooses to speak ill of his captain.
“In terms of talking about our players I would think that having experience talking about Sidney Crosby hasn’t been a good thing in the past for the opposition,” said Bysma. “I am not sure if I would be talking too loud if I was trying to get him off his game.”
But that’s exactly what Pittsburgh’s opponent’s have been doing — talking about Crosby, and also Evgeni Malkin.
Monday, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube said Crosby “whines to the refs all day and all night” and called Crosby and Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
Thursday, Rangers head coach John Tortorella referred to the Pens’ “two whining stars” — presumably Crosby and Malkin.
Friday, Crosby responded thusly: “The game’s played on the ice. You get all this stuff going on. It really is garbage. It’s nonsense and if they want to do it great, but I’m not going to waste my time answering questions about it all the time.”
Tonight, we’ll see how he responds on the ice.
You can listen to the full Bylsma interview here.
In the meantime, somebody buy Crosby this shirt:
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (145)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)