Apr 11, 2012, 4:53 PM EST
Sometimes talking too much can get you into trouble. Just ask Roberto “Easy Save for Me” Luongo how last year’s Stanley Cup finals turned out.
So, are the Philadelphia Flyers about to learn the same lesson after all that’s been said about Sidney Crosby and the rest of the Pittsburgh Penguins?
Via SportsRadioInterviews.com, Pens coach Dan Bylsma joined 93.7 The Fan in Pittsburgh to discuss that topic, and he had a message for the Flyers and any other team that chooses to speak ill of his captain.
“In terms of talking about our players I would think that having experience talking about Sidney Crosby hasn’t been a good thing in the past for the opposition,” said Bysma. “I am not sure if I would be talking too loud if I was trying to get him off his game.”
But that’s exactly what Pittsburgh’s opponent’s have been doing — talking about Crosby, and also Evgeni Malkin.
Monday, Flyers assistant coach Craig Berube said Crosby “whines to the refs all day and all night” and called Crosby and Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
Thursday, Rangers head coach John Tortorella referred to the Pens’ “two whining stars” — presumably Crosby and Malkin.
Friday, Crosby responded thusly: “The game’s played on the ice. You get all this stuff going on. It really is garbage. It’s nonsense and if they want to do it great, but I’m not going to waste my time answering questions about it all the time.”
Tonight, we’ll see how he responds on the ice.
You can listen to the full Bylsma interview here.
In the meantime, somebody buy Crosby this shirt:
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 0
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 21
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 57
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)