Apr 11, 2012, 6:23 PM EDT
The Colorado Avalanche have given coach Joe Sacco a two-year contract extension.
“Joe has earned the opportunity to lead this young team,” Sherman said in a statement. “Our club made significant strides this season and we look forward to continuing that next season.”
Duchene was benched March 22 (played only 7:21 vs. Phoenix) then saw almost 15 minutes two nights later. But then his time-on-ice falls off a cliff. Average for the final five games: 11:40. You can sense an uneasy relationship between he and Sacco. The Avalanche dealt Chris Stewart out of nowhere. If they think Sacco is the right coach, what do they think about Duchene?
That’s a pretty big Matzah ball for Friedman to hang out there considering Duchene, 21, is just two years removed from finishing third in the Calder Trophy race.
But hey, we didn’t say it – he did. So we’re running with it.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5