Apr 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
The Washington Capitals might not have to go their entire first-round series against Boston with rookie Braden Holtby in net.
According to Gormley, Neuvirth (lower body) “appears to be farther ahead and more likely to dress in the series.” That said, he only took a few shots before watching the rest of the practice from the bench.
Vokoun, meanwhile, is being extra cautious with a groin injury that he originally suffered in February and aggravated on March 29.
“I’m trying to get it 100 percent so that when I do play I don’t have to worry about re-injuring it,” Vokoun said. “I found out the hard way you can’t hurry something like that. I never had an injury like that before and I mismanaged it from my point of view.
“It might be fine for the first five saves, but after that when you get tired you lose strength in it and you can re-injure it.”
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (83)