Apr 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals might not have to go their entire first-round series against Boston with rookie Braden Holtby in net.
According to Gormley, Neuvirth (lower body) “appears to be farther ahead and more likely to dress in the series.” That said, he only took a few shots before watching the rest of the practice from the bench.
Vokoun, meanwhile, is being extra cautious with a groin injury that he originally suffered in February and aggravated on March 29.
“I’m trying to get it 100 percent so that when I do play I don’t have to worry about re-injuring it,” Vokoun said. “I found out the hard way you can’t hurry something like that. I never had an injury like that before and I mismanaged it from my point of view.
“It might be fine for the first five saves, but after that when you get tired you lose strength in it and you can re-injure it.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 19
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5