Apr 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals might not have to go their entire first-round series against Boston with rookie Braden Holtby in net.
According to Gormley, Neuvirth (lower body) “appears to be farther ahead and more likely to dress in the series.” That said, he only took a few shots before watching the rest of the practice from the bench.
Vokoun, meanwhile, is being extra cautious with a groin injury that he originally suffered in February and aggravated on March 29.
“I’m trying to get it 100 percent so that when I do play I don’t have to worry about re-injuring it,” Vokoun said. “I found out the hard way you can’t hurry something like that. I never had an injury like that before and I mismanaged it from my point of view.
“It might be fine for the first five saves, but after that when you get tired you lose strength in it and you can re-injure it.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54