Apr 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals might not have to go their entire first-round series against Boston with rookie Braden Holtby in net.
According to Gormley, Neuvirth (lower body) “appears to be farther ahead and more likely to dress in the series.” That said, he only took a few shots before watching the rest of the practice from the bench.
Vokoun, meanwhile, is being extra cautious with a groin injury that he originally suffered in February and aggravated on March 29.
“I’m trying to get it 100 percent so that when I do play I don’t have to worry about re-injuring it,” Vokoun said. “I found out the hard way you can’t hurry something like that. I never had an injury like that before and I mismanaged it from my point of view.
“It might be fine for the first five saves, but after that when you get tired you lose strength in it and you can re-injure it.”
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 0
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 46
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL