Apr 10, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
The Washington Capitals might not have to go their entire first-round series against Boston with rookie Braden Holtby in net.
According to Gormley, Neuvirth (lower body) “appears to be farther ahead and more likely to dress in the series.” That said, he only took a few shots before watching the rest of the practice from the bench.
Vokoun, meanwhile, is being extra cautious with a groin injury that he originally suffered in February and aggravated on March 29.
“I’m trying to get it 100 percent so that when I do play I don’t have to worry about re-injuring it,” Vokoun said. “I found out the hard way you can’t hurry something like that. I never had an injury like that before and I mismanaged it from my point of view.
“It might be fine for the first five saves, but after that when you get tired you lose strength in it and you can re-injure it.”
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 6
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 1
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 17
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)