Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 PM EST
In late June, Pittsburgh Penguins fans were dying alive with anticipation over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning – and they followed much of that speculation breathlessly on Twitter. Perhaps it makes perfect sense that Penguins fans and everyone else might get the occasional glimpse of the Philadelphia Flyers winger’s thought process now that he’s on Twitter as @68Jagr.
Jagr provided a video introduction to get things started, but here are a few things I’d love to see from his account:
- Twitter polls asking for bizarre facial hair requests.
- You know how music artists find long-lost B-sides and never-before-released tunes? Jagr should go to some basement and unearth a treasure trove of photos form his mullet era. Frankly, we all need to widen that rotation.
- As many snarky bits of Twitter chirping as he can get away with without getting suspended or attacked.
- Speaking of Twitter chirping, I demand that Jagr take time out of his day to engage in whatever hashtag meme floats around in a given off-day.
So those are a few of the things that I’d love to see from the future Hall of Famer’s Twitter feed, but what are you looking forward to? (If you’re a Washington Capitals fan, try to be nice.)
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)