Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
In late June, Pittsburgh Penguins fans were dying alive with anticipation over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning – and they followed much of that speculation breathlessly on Twitter. Perhaps it makes perfect sense that Penguins fans and everyone else might get the occasional glimpse of the Philadelphia Flyers winger’s thought process now that he’s on Twitter as @68Jagr.
Jagr provided a video introduction to get things started, but here are a few things I’d love to see from his account:
- Twitter polls asking for bizarre facial hair requests.
- You know how music artists find long-lost B-sides and never-before-released tunes? Jagr should go to some basement and unearth a treasure trove of photos form his mullet era. Frankly, we all need to widen that rotation.
- As many snarky bits of Twitter chirping as he can get away with without getting suspended or attacked.
- Speaking of Twitter chirping, I demand that Jagr take time out of his day to engage in whatever hashtag meme floats around in a given off-day.
So those are a few of the things that I’d love to see from the future Hall of Famer’s Twitter feed, but what are you looking forward to? (If you’re a Washington Capitals fan, try to be nice.)
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)