Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 PM EST
In late June, Pittsburgh Penguins fans were dying alive with anticipation over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning – and they followed much of that speculation breathlessly on Twitter. Perhaps it makes perfect sense that Penguins fans and everyone else might get the occasional glimpse of the Philadelphia Flyers winger’s thought process now that he’s on Twitter as @68Jagr.
Jagr provided a video introduction to get things started, but here are a few things I’d love to see from his account:
- Twitter polls asking for bizarre facial hair requests.
- You know how music artists find long-lost B-sides and never-before-released tunes? Jagr should go to some basement and unearth a treasure trove of photos form his mullet era. Frankly, we all need to widen that rotation.
- As many snarky bits of Twitter chirping as he can get away with without getting suspended or attacked.
- Speaking of Twitter chirping, I demand that Jagr take time out of his day to engage in whatever hashtag meme floats around in a given off-day.
So those are a few of the things that I’d love to see from the future Hall of Famer’s Twitter feed, but what are you looking forward to? (If you’re a Washington Capitals fan, try to be nice.)
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 4
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 4
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 20
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 9
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)