Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
In late June, Pittsburgh Penguins fans were dying alive with anticipation over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning – and they followed much of that speculation breathlessly on Twitter. Perhaps it makes perfect sense that Penguins fans and everyone else might get the occasional glimpse of the Philadelphia Flyers winger’s thought process now that he’s on Twitter as @68Jagr.
Jagr provided a video introduction to get things started, but here are a few things I’d love to see from his account:
- Twitter polls asking for bizarre facial hair requests.
- You know how music artists find long-lost B-sides and never-before-released tunes? Jagr should go to some basement and unearth a treasure trove of photos form his mullet era. Frankly, we all need to widen that rotation.
- As many snarky bits of Twitter chirping as he can get away with without getting suspended or attacked.
- Speaking of Twitter chirping, I demand that Jagr take time out of his day to engage in whatever hashtag meme floats around in a given off-day.
So those are a few of the things that I’d love to see from the future Hall of Famer’s Twitter feed, but what are you looking forward to? (If you’re a Washington Capitals fan, try to be nice.)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 19
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 61
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (61)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)