Apr 10, 2012, 7:56 PM EDT
In late June, Pittsburgh Penguins fans were dying alive with anticipation over the possibility of Jaromir Jagr returning – and they followed much of that speculation breathlessly on Twitter. Perhaps it makes perfect sense that Penguins fans and everyone else might get the occasional glimpse of the Philadelphia Flyers winger’s thought process now that he’s on Twitter as @68Jagr.
Jagr provided a video introduction to get things started, but here are a few things I’d love to see from his account:
- Twitter polls asking for bizarre facial hair requests.
- You know how music artists find long-lost B-sides and never-before-released tunes? Jagr should go to some basement and unearth a treasure trove of photos form his mullet era. Frankly, we all need to widen that rotation.
- As many snarky bits of Twitter chirping as he can get away with without getting suspended or attacked.
- Speaking of Twitter chirping, I demand that Jagr take time out of his day to engage in whatever hashtag meme floats around in a given off-day.
So those are a few of the things that I’d love to see from the future Hall of Famer’s Twitter feed, but what are you looking forward to? (If you’re a Washington Capitals fan, try to be nice.)
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)