Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Tim Thomas had to know it was coming when Boston drew Washington in the first round. And today it did.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Thomas was asked if questions about his infamous White House snub might kick up with the Bruins playing the Capitals.
In response, Thomas shut down the media session.
It should be noted, however, that Thomas was smiling when he shut it down. And hey, that’s his right. Just the same as it’s the media’s right to ask him about the White House story.
Actually, when you think about it, Thomas is playing it pretty smart. Reporters will eventually need him to talk about the games, so they can’t have him walking away all the time. That’ll get old.
If the media were smart, it would get together and agree that the White House thing will always be the last question of the session. Maybe it could become a fun tradition. When everyone’s asked their hockey-related questions, “So Tim, about the White House….alright have a good one!”
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 12
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 104
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 16
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (104)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)