Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EST
Tim Thomas had to know it was coming when Boston drew Washington in the first round. And today it did.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Thomas was asked if questions about his infamous White House snub might kick up with the Bruins playing the Capitals.
In response, Thomas shut down the media session.
It should be noted, however, that Thomas was smiling when he shut it down. And hey, that’s his right. Just the same as it’s the media’s right to ask him about the White House story.
Actually, when you think about it, Thomas is playing it pretty smart. Reporters will eventually need him to talk about the games, so they can’t have him walking away all the time. That’ll get old.
If the media were smart, it would get together and agree that the White House thing will always be the last question of the session. Maybe it could become a fun tradition. When everyone’s asked their hockey-related questions, “So Tim, about the White House….alright have a good one!”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)