Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Tim Thomas had to know it was coming when Boston drew Washington in the first round. And today it did.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Thomas was asked if questions about his infamous White House snub might kick up with the Bruins playing the Capitals.
In response, Thomas shut down the media session.
It should be noted, however, that Thomas was smiling when he shut it down. And hey, that’s his right. Just the same as it’s the media’s right to ask him about the White House story.
Actually, when you think about it, Thomas is playing it pretty smart. Reporters will eventually need him to talk about the games, so they can’t have him walking away all the time. That’ll get old.
If the media were smart, it would get together and agree that the White House thing will always be the last question of the session. Maybe it could become a fun tradition. When everyone’s asked their hockey-related questions, “So Tim, about the White House….alright have a good one!”
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 22
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 18
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 46
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic