Apr 9, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
Tim Thomas had to know it was coming when Boston drew Washington in the first round. And today it did.
According to CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty, Thomas was asked if questions about his infamous White House snub might kick up with the Bruins playing the Capitals.
In response, Thomas shut down the media session.
It should be noted, however, that Thomas was smiling when he shut it down. And hey, that’s his right. Just the same as it’s the media’s right to ask him about the White House story.
Actually, when you think about it, Thomas is playing it pretty smart. Reporters will eventually need him to talk about the games, so they can’t have him walking away all the time. That’ll get old.
If the media were smart, it would get together and agree that the White House thing will always be the last question of the session. Maybe it could become a fun tradition. When everyone’s asked their hockey-related questions, “So Tim, about the White House….alright have a good one!”
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)