Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi may not have fully enjoyed his first season at the helm of the team. Missing the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow and after the team just barely missed out two seasons in a row, it would be easy to get discouraged.
In a Q&A with Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, Gaglardi says GM Joe Nieuwendyk and coach Glen Gulutzan have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to their jobs.
“There is absolutely no chance that Joe and Gully aren’t back. Joe has his mandate, and he needs time to make it work, and I don’t think he’s had that time yet. I agree with Joe’s strategy and vision, so there is harmony there…It’s Joe’s decision on Gully, but I like what Gully has done too, and I believe there is support there for him.”
Gaglardi tells Heika that he likes stability and keeping the same crew around to do their jobs is the way to go. While it’s easy to look at the Stars’ results the last two years and see missed playoffs and cast judgment upon that, there’s more below the surface in Dallas. Player development is strong and a lot of the talent on the team is young.
Gaglardi says the Stars are one really good forward and defenseman away from being contenders. With an owner in place, the pressure is on Nieuwendyk to go and get those guys this summer with Gaglardi’s wallet available to him.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)