Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi may not have fully enjoyed his first season at the helm of the team. Missing the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow and after the team just barely missed out two seasons in a row, it would be easy to get discouraged.
In a Q&A with Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, Gaglardi says GM Joe Nieuwendyk and coach Glen Gulutzan have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to their jobs.
“There is absolutely no chance that Joe and Gully aren’t back. Joe has his mandate, and he needs time to make it work, and I don’t think he’s had that time yet. I agree with Joe’s strategy and vision, so there is harmony there…It’s Joe’s decision on Gully, but I like what Gully has done too, and I believe there is support there for him.”
Gaglardi tells Heika that he likes stability and keeping the same crew around to do their jobs is the way to go. While it’s easy to look at the Stars’ results the last two years and see missed playoffs and cast judgment upon that, there’s more below the surface in Dallas. Player development is strong and a lot of the talent on the team is young.
Gaglardi says the Stars are one really good forward and defenseman away from being contenders. With an owner in place, the pressure is on Nieuwendyk to go and get those guys this summer with Gaglardi’s wallet available to him.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 8
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 3
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 24
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 19
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)