Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi may not have fully enjoyed his first season at the helm of the team. Missing the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow and after the team just barely missed out two seasons in a row, it would be easy to get discouraged.
In a Q&A with Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, Gaglardi says GM Joe Nieuwendyk and coach Glen Gulutzan have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to their jobs.
“There is absolutely no chance that Joe and Gully aren’t back. Joe has his mandate, and he needs time to make it work, and I don’t think he’s had that time yet. I agree with Joe’s strategy and vision, so there is harmony there…It’s Joe’s decision on Gully, but I like what Gully has done too, and I believe there is support there for him.”
Gaglardi tells Heika that he likes stability and keeping the same crew around to do their jobs is the way to go. While it’s easy to look at the Stars’ results the last two years and see missed playoffs and cast judgment upon that, there’s more below the surface in Dallas. Player development is strong and a lot of the talent on the team is young.
Gaglardi says the Stars are one really good forward and defenseman away from being contenders. With an owner in place, the pressure is on Nieuwendyk to go and get those guys this summer with Gaglardi’s wallet available to him.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)