Apr 9, 2012, 9:52 AM EDT
Stars owner Tom Gaglardi may not have fully enjoyed his first season at the helm of the team. Missing the playoffs is a tough pill to swallow and after the team just barely missed out two seasons in a row, it would be easy to get discouraged.
In a Q&A with Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News, Gaglardi says GM Joe Nieuwendyk and coach Glen Gulutzan have absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to their jobs.
“There is absolutely no chance that Joe and Gully aren’t back. Joe has his mandate, and he needs time to make it work, and I don’t think he’s had that time yet. I agree with Joe’s strategy and vision, so there is harmony there…It’s Joe’s decision on Gully, but I like what Gully has done too, and I believe there is support there for him.”
Gaglardi tells Heika that he likes stability and keeping the same crew around to do their jobs is the way to go. While it’s easy to look at the Stars’ results the last two years and see missed playoffs and cast judgment upon that, there’s more below the surface in Dallas. Player development is strong and a lot of the talent on the team is young.
Gaglardi says the Stars are one really good forward and defenseman away from being contenders. With an owner in place, the pressure is on Nieuwendyk to go and get those guys this summer with Gaglardi’s wallet available to him.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 19
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 42
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)