Apr 9, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
And now Danny Briere has joined the list of star players that missed the last part of the regular season with an injury but are expected (at least by the media) to be available for Game 1 of the playoffs.
Briere sat out the Flyers’ final three games with an upper-back contusion after getting blasted by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Apr. 1.
Today after practice, he wouldn’t commit to playing Wednesday in Pittsburgh. But it sure sounds like he’ll be out there.
“To be honest, I’m not allowed to speak on any injuries or the roster or if I’m going to play or not,” Briere said (with a smile) today.
“All I can tell you is – and you saw it – I’m practicing and working to get ready. That’s all I’m allowed to say at this point.”
More from CSNPhilly.com:
Asked if he has any limitations right now, Briere replied, “no,” while adding there has been a “big change” (translation: positive) in how he feels this week versus last week.
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 0
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 7
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 31
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)