Apr 9, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
And now Danny Briere has joined the list of star players that missed the last part of the regular season with an injury but are expected (at least by the media) to be available for Game 1 of the playoffs.
Briere sat out the Flyers’ final three games with an upper-back contusion after getting blasted by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Apr. 1.
Today after practice, he wouldn’t commit to playing Wednesday in Pittsburgh. But it sure sounds like he’ll be out there.
“To be honest, I’m not allowed to speak on any injuries or the roster or if I’m going to play or not,” Briere said (with a smile) today.
“All I can tell you is – and you saw it – I’m practicing and working to get ready. That’s all I’m allowed to say at this point.”
More from CSNPhilly.com:
Asked if he has any limitations right now, Briere replied, “no,” while adding there has been a “big change” (translation: positive) in how he feels this week versus last week.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 38
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 31
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 45
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 100
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 6
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (100)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)