Apr 9, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
And now Danny Briere has joined the list of star players that missed the last part of the regular season with an injury but are expected (at least by the media) to be available for Game 1 of the playoffs.
Briere sat out the Flyers’ final three games with an upper-back contusion after getting blasted by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Apr. 1.
Today after practice, he wouldn’t commit to playing Wednesday in Pittsburgh. But it sure sounds like he’ll be out there.
“To be honest, I’m not allowed to speak on any injuries or the roster or if I’m going to play or not,” Briere said (with a smile) today.
“All I can tell you is – and you saw it – I’m practicing and working to get ready. That’s all I’m allowed to say at this point.”
More from CSNPhilly.com:
Asked if he has any limitations right now, Briere replied, “no,” while adding there has been a “big change” (translation: positive) in how he feels this week versus last week.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39