Apr 9, 2012, 5:13 PM EDT
And now Danny Briere has joined the list of star players that missed the last part of the regular season with an injury but are expected (at least by the media) to be available for Game 1 of the playoffs.
Briere sat out the Flyers’ final three games with an upper-back contusion after getting blasted by Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale on Apr. 1.
Today after practice, he wouldn’t commit to playing Wednesday in Pittsburgh. But it sure sounds like he’ll be out there.
“To be honest, I’m not allowed to speak on any injuries or the roster or if I’m going to play or not,” Briere said (with a smile) today.
“All I can tell you is – and you saw it – I’m practicing and working to get ready. That’s all I’m allowed to say at this point.”
More from CSNPhilly.com:
Asked if he has any limitations right now, Briere replied, “no,” while adding there has been a “big change” (translation: positive) in how he feels this week versus last week.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)