Apr 7, 2012, 5:56 PM EST
Tonight’s Washington Capitals-New York Rangers game is more significant for the Caps than the Blueshirts, but John Tortorella admits that it means something.
Not long after dismissing the power of the Presidents’ Trophy, Tortorella admitted to Katie Strang and others that “I want to win that trophy.”
Torts was finally forthcoming about a pursuit that he previously downplayed, but he wisely bit his tongue about the $20,000 fine he received for his candid remarks about the Pittsburgh Penguins’ “(blanking) superstars.”
When asked if there was anything he’d like to say regarding the fine, he responded:
When asked if there was anything he felt he COULD say regarding the fan, he said the same:
I think we should all take a moment and appreciate the fact that Tortorella can ham it up in a big market like New York. The rambunctious head coach just seems perfect for the Big Apple – at least when it comes to our collective entertainment.
In more hockey-centric and less drama-centric news, Strang reports that Henrik Lundqvist will be back in the Rangers lineup tonight. Lundqvist raised a few eyebrows (and heart rates) when he needed to sit out a while with a “stiff” arm but being able to play tonight is a good chance for him to get his rhythm back a bit for the playoffs.
(It’s also huge news if you have King Henrik in a fantasy league.)
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (74)