Apr 7, 2012, 3:43 PM EDT
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- So the Nashville Predators will host the Detroit Red Wings in the first round. Let me ask, then: will the Red Wings regret earning the extra point as they grind out a (theoretically) tougher first draw?
—- Going further, can the road-weak (17-21-3) Red Wings survive the first round without home ice advantage?
—- Sound off Chicago Blackhawks fans: which Pacific Division winner would be the easiest matchup? Conversely, who would the ‘Hawks rather avoid?
—- It’s now five games back for Jimmy Howard. Does he look playoff-ready to you?
—- This afternoon’s contest gives a solid example of how strong the Blackhawks are in big games without Jonathan Toews. How much trouble would Chicago be without Toews? Could they win at least the first round without him?
—- Along similar lines, Corey Crawford has played almost every game down the stretch for the Hawks. Can they go deep with him as “The Guy” or are they doomed in net?
—- The shootout is a derisive force in hockey, but every now and then moments of individual brilliance makes it easier to tolerate. Pavel Datsyuk and Patrick Kane had a round of “Anything you can do, I can do better.” So whose mind-blowing move was better? (Note: Kane’s resulted in a goal, if that makes a difference)
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 4
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)