Apr 7, 2012, 3:43 PM EST
The comments section is open. Go say what you think. No big whoop.
Here are a few topics:
—- So the Nashville Predators will host the Detroit Red Wings in the first round. Let me ask, then: will the Red Wings regret earning the extra point as they grind out a (theoretically) tougher first draw?
—- Going further, can the road-weak (17-21-3) Red Wings survive the first round without home ice advantage?
—- Sound off Chicago Blackhawks fans: which Pacific Division winner would be the easiest matchup? Conversely, who would the ‘Hawks rather avoid?
—- It’s now five games back for Jimmy Howard. Does he look playoff-ready to you?
—- This afternoon’s contest gives a solid example of how strong the Blackhawks are in big games without Jonathan Toews. How much trouble would Chicago be without Toews? Could they win at least the first round without him?
—- Along similar lines, Corey Crawford has played almost every game down the stretch for the Hawks. Can they go deep with him as “The Guy” or are they doomed in net?
—- The shootout is a derisive force in hockey, but every now and then moments of individual brilliance makes it easier to tolerate. Pavel Datsyuk and Patrick Kane had a round of “Anything you can do, I can do better.” So whose mind-blowing move was better? (Note: Kane’s resulted in a goal, if that makes a difference)
Now go, talk amongst yourselves.
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)