Apr 7, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
There are plenty of good teams in the Western Conference, but is there a true “favorite” this year? The “unproven” status of the St. Louis Blues and the various issues for other contenders* makes me reflexively insert the Vancouver Canucks in that category. Yet there’s that nagging question: will Daniel Sedin be healthy?
“Healthy” might be a relative term, but TSN reports that an unnamed Canucks executive said the “shooting Sedin” should “be fine for next week.”
Henrik Sedin provided some pretty positive feedback about his brother’s recovery.
“Early on, maybe (Daniel had concern), but as time has moved on he’s felt better and better,” Henrik said.
The playoffs officially begin on Wednesday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the Canucks’ first round will start then. That might depend on where they rank as far as seeding is concerned (stay tuned for the schedule to roll out on Sunday), yet it seems like the odds are in favor of the Sedin twins being reunited once the games start to really matter.
* – Some are awful on the road, others lack offensive punch, defensive savvy and stable goaltending. A few might even suffer from all of the above
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)