Apr 7, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
There are plenty of good teams in the Western Conference, but is there a true “favorite” this year? The “unproven” status of the St. Louis Blues and the various issues for other contenders* makes me reflexively insert the Vancouver Canucks in that category. Yet there’s that nagging question: will Daniel Sedin be healthy?
“Healthy” might be a relative term, but TSN reports that an unnamed Canucks executive said the “shooting Sedin” should “be fine for next week.”
Henrik Sedin provided some pretty positive feedback about his brother’s recovery.
“Early on, maybe (Daniel had concern), but as time has moved on he’s felt better and better,” Henrik said.
The playoffs officially begin on Wednesday, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that the Canucks’ first round will start then. That might depend on where they rank as far as seeding is concerned (stay tuned for the schedule to roll out on Sunday), yet it seems like the odds are in favor of the Sedin twins being reunited once the games start to really matter.
* – Some are awful on the road, others lack offensive punch, defensive savvy and stable goaltending. A few might even suffer from all of the above
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 26
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 70
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 170
- Jets can’t let Kane situation fester much longer 57
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (170)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (70)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)