Apr 7, 2012, 5:43 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins-Philadelphia Flyers game today doesn’t have a whole lot on the line – at least from a playoff standpoint. There’s plenty of hate and a little bit of history to go around, though.
(Something tells me he might have to answer the bell again, but we shall see.)
As far as history goes, a Penguins player did something big, yet it wasn’t one you might expect. Pascal Dupuis collected a point in his NHL season-high 17th consecutive game. Liam McHugh points out that Dupuis became the third Pittsburgh player (Sidney Crosby and Mario Lemieux) to score 17 in a row in the last 20 years.
Oh, and just moments ago, Evgeni Malkin scored his 50th goal of the season (a first for the Russian star).This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 23
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 9
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 15
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 11
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 59
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)