Apr 7, 2012, 5:11 PM EDT
Whether they face the New York Rangers, Boston Bruins or even New Jersey Devils, it’s unlikely that the Washington Capitals will strike a ton of fear into their opponents. That’s especially true if they wade into that battle with third-string goalie Braden Holtby in net, but the latest Michal Neuvirth injury update leaves that forecast cloudy.
The Washington Post’s Katie Carrera caught up with head coach Dale Hunter, who was about as vague as you could be.
“He’s just day-to-day,” Hunter said. “It’s not bad.”
Anyone trying to make playoff predictions, trying to study tape of Capitals goalies or anything in between probably uttered a bitter sigh right now. If you’ve followed hockey injuries for a decent amount of time, you know that “day-to-day” could mean just about anything. Sure, the implication is that it isn’t bad, but the playoffs are only four days away, so a more exact window would be nice.
Then again, having to prepare more substantially for two goalies rather than one could give the Caps a subtle edge – which means something since many would argue that they don’t own a whole lot of those.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)