Apr 7, 2012, 9:16 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning won’t look back at 2011-12 with a ton of fondness, but you can forgive Steven Stamkos for holding some nice memories. The elite sniper accomplished a rare feat on Saturday as he scored his 60th goal of the season.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
As the NBC Sports Network gang points out, it only makes sense that Martin St. Louis collected a primary assist. The pint-sized winger’s precise passes have fueled many of Stamkos’ goals since he entered the league – particularly in the last three seasons.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 55
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 17
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8