Apr 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clowe was on the bench with about two minutes remaining in the third period when he reached out and knocked the puck away from Kings forward Jarret Stoll, holding up a potential 3-on-2 for the Kings.
As evident by this video, his move caught both teams by surprise:
Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t featured in the video, but he was dismayed that the officials failed to make any sort of call on Clowe.
“I’m not sure how all four of them missed it,” he said. “I thought it was pretty evident.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54