Apr 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Clowe was on the bench with about two minutes remaining in the third period when he reached out and knocked the puck away from Kings forward Jarret Stoll, holding up a potential 3-on-2 for the Kings.
As evident by this video, his move caught both teams by surprise:
Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t featured in the video, but he was dismayed that the officials failed to make any sort of call on Clowe.
“I’m not sure how all four of them missed it,” he said. “I thought it was pretty evident.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8