Apr 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clowe was on the bench with about two minutes remaining in the third period when he reached out and knocked the puck away from Kings forward Jarret Stoll, holding up a potential 3-on-2 for the Kings.
As evident by this video, his move caught both teams by surprise:
Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t featured in the video, but he was dismayed that the officials failed to make any sort of call on Clowe.
“I’m not sure how all four of them missed it,” he said. “I thought it was pretty evident.”
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 97
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115