Apr 6, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Clowe was on the bench with about two minutes remaining in the third period when he reached out and knocked the puck away from Kings forward Jarret Stoll, holding up a potential 3-on-2 for the Kings.
As evident by this video, his move caught both teams by surprise:
Kings captain Dustin Brown wasn’t featured in the video, but he was dismayed that the officials failed to make any sort of call on Clowe.
“I’m not sure how all four of them missed it,” he said. “I thought it was pretty evident.”
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53