Apr 6, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won’t play Saturday in Chicago’s season finale in Chicago, which will make it 22 straight games he’s missed with a concussion.
More importantly, the Blackhawks’ captain is questionable for the playoffs.
“I just don’t feel comfortable that tomorrow is the right day to get back into it,” Toews said today, as per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Toews says he feels fine off the ice, but the concussion symptoms return on the ice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says the team is just being careful.
“Game 1 in the playoffs is much more meaningful,” Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com “With five more days, let’s side with caution.”
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 21
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 125
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 39
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7