Apr 6, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Jonathan Toews won’t play Saturday in Chicago’s season finale in Chicago, which will make it 22 straight games he’s missed with a concussion.
More importantly, the Blackhawks’ captain is questionable for the playoffs.
“I just don’t feel comfortable that tomorrow is the right day to get back into it,” Toews said today, as per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Toews says he feels fine off the ice, but the concussion symptoms return on the ice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says the team is just being careful.
“Game 1 in the playoffs is much more meaningful,” Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com “With five more days, let’s side with caution.”
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)