Apr 6, 2012, 3:09 PM EST
Jonathan Toews won’t play Saturday in Chicago’s season finale in Chicago, which will make it 22 straight games he’s missed with a concussion.
More importantly, the Blackhawks’ captain is questionable for the playoffs.
“I just don’t feel comfortable that tomorrow is the right day to get back into it,” Toews said today, as per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Toews says he feels fine off the ice, but the concussion symptoms return on the ice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says the team is just being careful.
“Game 1 in the playoffs is much more meaningful,” Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com “With five more days, let’s side with caution.”
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)