Apr 6, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won’t play Saturday in Chicago’s season finale in Chicago, which will make it 22 straight games he’s missed with a concussion.
More importantly, the Blackhawks’ captain is questionable for the playoffs.
“I just don’t feel comfortable that tomorrow is the right day to get back into it,” Toews said today, as per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Toews says he feels fine off the ice, but the concussion symptoms return on the ice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says the team is just being careful.
“Game 1 in the playoffs is much more meaningful,” Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com “With five more days, let’s side with caution.”
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)