Apr 6, 2012, 3:09 PM EDT
Jonathan Toews won’t play Saturday in Chicago’s season finale in Chicago, which will make it 22 straight games he’s missed with a concussion.
More importantly, the Blackhawks’ captain is questionable for the playoffs.
“I just don’t feel comfortable that tomorrow is the right day to get back into it,” Toews said today, as per Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times.
Toews says he feels fine off the ice, but the concussion symptoms return on the ice.
Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville says the team is just being careful.
“Game 1 in the playoffs is much more meaningful,” Quenneville said, as per CSNChicago.com “With five more days, let’s side with caution.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 14
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (56)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)