Apr 6, 2012, 10:04 AM EST
Nash netted his 28th and 29th goals of the season in a 5-2 victory over Colorado, but he also missed the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
“We’ll have to monitor him and see how he is once we get home,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said.
It remains to be seen if Nash will be available for the Blue Jackets’ season finale on Saturday. If he misses that game, it would deny the Blue Jackets’ fans one more chance to say goodbye to him as Columbus hosts the New York Islanders. Although nothing is set in stone, it was revealed that Nash asked to be traded and while that didn’t happen at the deadline, the Blue Jackets are expected to ship him off over the summer.
Nash is the team captain and face of the franchise. The Blue Jackets will try to maximize what they can get back for him, but it’s likely that any trade will hurt their ability to sell tickets next season. That’s pretty bad, considering they are already one of the worst teams in the league in that department.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 0
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 5
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 0
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 9
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 6
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 15
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)