Apr 6, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
Nash netted his 28th and 29th goals of the season in a 5-2 victory over Colorado, but he also missed the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
“We’ll have to monitor him and see how he is once we get home,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said.
It remains to be seen if Nash will be available for the Blue Jackets’ season finale on Saturday. If he misses that game, it would deny the Blue Jackets’ fans one more chance to say goodbye to him as Columbus hosts the New York Islanders. Although nothing is set in stone, it was revealed that Nash asked to be traded and while that didn’t happen at the deadline, the Blue Jackets are expected to ship him off over the summer.
Nash is the team captain and face of the franchise. The Blue Jackets will try to maximize what they can get back for him, but it’s likely that any trade will hurt their ability to sell tickets next season. That’s pretty bad, considering they are already one of the worst teams in the league in that department.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 17
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 17
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (79)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)