Apr 6, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
Nash netted his 28th and 29th goals of the season in a 5-2 victory over Colorado, but he also missed the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
“We’ll have to monitor him and see how he is once we get home,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said.
It remains to be seen if Nash will be available for the Blue Jackets’ season finale on Saturday. If he misses that game, it would deny the Blue Jackets’ fans one more chance to say goodbye to him as Columbus hosts the New York Islanders. Although nothing is set in stone, it was revealed that Nash asked to be traded and while that didn’t happen at the deadline, the Blue Jackets are expected to ship him off over the summer.
Nash is the team captain and face of the franchise. The Blue Jackets will try to maximize what they can get back for him, but it’s likely that any trade will hurt their ability to sell tickets next season. That’s pretty bad, considering they are already one of the worst teams in the league in that department.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 48
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 24
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (76)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)