Apr 6, 2012, 10:04 AM EDT
Nash netted his 28th and 29th goals of the season in a 5-2 victory over Colorado, but he also missed the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
“We’ll have to monitor him and see how he is once we get home,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said.
It remains to be seen if Nash will be available for the Blue Jackets’ season finale on Saturday. If he misses that game, it would deny the Blue Jackets’ fans one more chance to say goodbye to him as Columbus hosts the New York Islanders. Although nothing is set in stone, it was revealed that Nash asked to be traded and while that didn’t happen at the deadline, the Blue Jackets are expected to ship him off over the summer.
Nash is the team captain and face of the franchise. The Blue Jackets will try to maximize what they can get back for him, but it’s likely that any trade will hurt their ability to sell tickets next season. That’s pretty bad, considering they are already one of the worst teams in the league in that department.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 27
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 42
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 65
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)