Apr 6, 2012, 10:04 AM EST
Nash netted his 28th and 29th goals of the season in a 5-2 victory over Colorado, but he also missed the third period due to an undisclosed injury.
“We’ll have to monitor him and see how he is once we get home,” Blue Jackets interim coach Todd Richards said.
It remains to be seen if Nash will be available for the Blue Jackets’ season finale on Saturday. If he misses that game, it would deny the Blue Jackets’ fans one more chance to say goodbye to him as Columbus hosts the New York Islanders. Although nothing is set in stone, it was revealed that Nash asked to be traded and while that didn’t happen at the deadline, the Blue Jackets are expected to ship him off over the summer.
Nash is the team captain and face of the franchise. The Blue Jackets will try to maximize what they can get back for him, but it’s likely that any trade will hurt their ability to sell tickets next season. That’s pretty bad, considering they are already one of the worst teams in the league in that department.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11