Apr 6, 2012, 10:53 AM EST
Prosser was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct for the head-butt, which occurred late in the first period.
In November, Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta was suspended four games for head-butting Jakub Voracek. NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan noted Kaleta’s “recent history of ramming his head into the faces of his opponents,” a history that led Shanahan to conclude it was intentional.
Prosser said last night’s head-butt was unintentional.
“He pushed me in the stomach and I went forward. It was the most unintentional thing I think I’ve ever done,” Prosser said, as per the StarTribune. “I think he sold it pretty well. He acted like his teeth were knocked out. I felt bad at the time, but then he’s back the next shift.”
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 3
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 15
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10