Apr 6, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
Prosser was assessed a five-minute major and a game misconduct for the head-butt, which occurred late in the first period.
In November, Buffalo’s Patrick Kaleta was suspended four games for head-butting Jakub Voracek. NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan noted Kaleta’s “recent history of ramming his head into the faces of his opponents,” a history that led Shanahan to conclude it was intentional.
Prosser said last night’s head-butt was unintentional.
“He pushed me in the stomach and I went forward. It was the most unintentional thing I think I’ve ever done,” Prosser said, as per the StarTribune. “I think he sold it pretty well. He acted like his teeth were knocked out. I felt bad at the time, but then he’s back the next shift.”
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)