Apr 5, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
When Nicklas Grossmann arrived in Philadelphia, he was sporting a brace on his left knee.
When he returns from his latest injury, he’ll be wearing one on the right as well.
That’s the word from CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio, who spoke with Grossmann Thursday about his impending return to the Flyers lineup. Grossmann has been out since suffering a knee-on-knee hit from Pittsburgh’s Joe Vitale, but managed to find some humor in his current situation — one that will require him to don a second knee brace.
“I’m pretty used to it, but yeah, we’ll see how that [two braces] goes,” Grossmann said. “Me and Forrest Gump.”
The 27-year-old Swede won’t play tonight when the Flyers take on the Sabres, but hopes to play the regular-season finale on Saturday against Pittsburgh — where he could be facing Vitale again. Though he wasn’t terribly upset with the hit that sidelined him, Grossmann wasn’t exactly thrilled about it either.
“I thought I was past him, but he came in and hit my knee,” he explained. “Unfortunately, you never want to be hurt. You want to play. It’s a little frustrating.”
The Flyers are keen to get Grossmann back in the lineup. He’s been a valuable asset on the blueline since coming over from Dallas, playing over 18 minutes a night and emerging as a key penalty killer. He’s also an excellent shrimp boat captain.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? 30
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 13
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 34
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 58
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 93
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead