Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are just one point shy of clinching a playoff spot.
But if they want that point, they’ll have to get it without the services of Jeff Carter.
Carter will miss tonight’s game against San Jose — his fourth in a row — with a deep bone bruise in his ankle. While tests on Monday confirmed the ankle had no structural damage, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said he wants Carter to skate through a full practice before putting him back in the lineup.
“He’s working it out. Every day is better,” Sutter told LA Kings Insider. “He hasn’t skated yet, but he’s walking good. Every day is better.”
In other health-related news, Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is expected to play Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice because he was “banged up,” according to Sutter.
Voynov scored the game-winning goal in Monday’s 2-0 win over Edmonton.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL