Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are just one point shy of clinching a playoff spot.
But if they want that point, they’ll have to get it without the services of Jeff Carter.
Carter will miss tonight’s game against San Jose — his fourth in a row — with a deep bone bruise in his ankle. While tests on Monday confirmed the ankle had no structural damage, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said he wants Carter to skate through a full practice before putting him back in the lineup.
“He’s working it out. Every day is better,” Sutter told LA Kings Insider. “He hasn’t skated yet, but he’s walking good. Every day is better.”
In other health-related news, Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is expected to play Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice because he was “banged up,” according to Sutter.
Voynov scored the game-winning goal in Monday’s 2-0 win over Edmonton.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 8
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 29
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 23
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 30
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)