Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are just one point shy of clinching a playoff spot.
But if they want that point, they’ll have to get it without the services of Jeff Carter.
Carter will miss tonight’s game against San Jose — his fourth in a row — with a deep bone bruise in his ankle. While tests on Monday confirmed the ankle had no structural damage, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said he wants Carter to skate through a full practice before putting him back in the lineup.
“He’s working it out. Every day is better,” Sutter told LA Kings Insider. “He hasn’t skated yet, but he’s walking good. Every day is better.”
In other health-related news, Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is expected to play Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice because he was “banged up,” according to Sutter.
Voynov scored the game-winning goal in Monday’s 2-0 win over Edmonton.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 5
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 34
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)