Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM EST
The Los Angeles Kings are just one point shy of clinching a playoff spot.
But if they want that point, they’ll have to get it without the services of Jeff Carter.
Carter will miss tonight’s game against San Jose — his fourth in a row — with a deep bone bruise in his ankle. While tests on Monday confirmed the ankle had no structural damage, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said he wants Carter to skate through a full practice before putting him back in the lineup.
“He’s working it out. Every day is better,” Sutter told LA Kings Insider. “He hasn’t skated yet, but he’s walking good. Every day is better.”
In other health-related news, Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is expected to play Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice because he was “banged up,” according to Sutter.
Voynov scored the game-winning goal in Monday’s 2-0 win over Edmonton.
- BREAKING: Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM 9
- Mike Richards clears waivers 22
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)