Apr 5, 2012, 11:50 AM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings are just one point shy of clinching a playoff spot.
But if they want that point, they’ll have to get it without the services of Jeff Carter.
Carter will miss tonight’s game against San Jose — his fourth in a row — with a deep bone bruise in his ankle. While tests on Monday confirmed the ankle had no structural damage, Kings head coach Darryl Sutter said he wants Carter to skate through a full practice before putting him back in the lineup.
“He’s working it out. Every day is better,” Sutter told LA Kings Insider. “He hasn’t skated yet, but he’s walking good. Every day is better.”
In other health-related news, Kings defenseman Slava Voynov is expected to play Thursday after missing Wednesday’s practice because he was “banged up,” according to Sutter.
Voynov scored the game-winning goal in Monday’s 2-0 win over Edmonton.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)