Apr 4, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Late in the second period, with the Penguins up 3-2, Pittsburgh’s James Neal and Boston’s Andrew Ference dropped the gloves behind the Bruins’ net. Neal had a significant height and weight advantage and got in a few good punches. However, it was Ference that ended up taking down Neal. You can watch the fight below.
It’s worth noting that this fight occurred shortly after Neal scored his 40th goal of the season. He’s just the fourth player to reach that milestone this season.
Pittsburgh went onto win the game 5-3. Combined with the Philadelphia Flyers loss, Pittsburgh now has a three-point lead in the battle for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with just two games remaining.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (59)