Apr 4, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Late in the second period, with the Penguins up 3-2, Pittsburgh’s James Neal and Boston’s Andrew Ference dropped the gloves behind the Bruins’ net. Neal had a significant height and weight advantage and got in a few good punches. However, it was Ference that ended up taking down Neal. You can watch the fight below.
It’s worth noting that this fight occurred shortly after Neal scored his 40th goal of the season. He’s just the fourth player to reach that milestone this season.
Pittsburgh went onto win the game 5-3. Combined with the Philadelphia Flyers loss, Pittsburgh now has a three-point lead in the battle for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with just two games remaining.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25