Apr 4, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Late in the second period, with the Penguins up 3-2, Pittsburgh’s James Neal and Boston’s Andrew Ference dropped the gloves behind the Bruins’ net. Neal had a significant height and weight advantage and got in a few good punches. However, it was Ference that ended up taking down Neal. You can watch the fight below.
It’s worth noting that this fight occurred shortly after Neal scored his 40th goal of the season. He’s just the fourth player to reach that milestone this season.
Pittsburgh went onto win the game 5-3. Combined with the Philadelphia Flyers loss, Pittsburgh now has a three-point lead in the battle for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with just two games remaining.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5