Apr 4, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Late in the second period, with the Penguins up 3-2, Pittsburgh’s James Neal and Boston’s Andrew Ference dropped the gloves behind the Bruins’ net. Neal had a significant height and weight advantage and got in a few good punches. However, it was Ference that ended up taking down Neal. You can watch the fight below.
It’s worth noting that this fight occurred shortly after Neal scored his 40th goal of the season. He’s just the fourth player to reach that milestone this season.
Pittsburgh went onto win the game 5-3. Combined with the Philadelphia Flyers loss, Pittsburgh now has a three-point lead in the battle for fourth place in the Eastern Conference with just two games remaining.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53