Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
When St. Louis Blues tough guy Ryan Reaves delivered a questionable hit on Brad Stuart around the 6:01 mark of the third period, it seemed like it would be one of the most memorable moments of a locked-down game. Instead, the Blues and Detroit Red Wings traded jaw-dropping highlights in a game that ended up being a 3-2 shootout win for Detroit (more on that soon), but there still might be some consequences from that check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Reaves received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct for that hit, but does he deserve a suspension on top of that? If so, how many games would be appropriate?
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5