Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
When St. Louis Blues tough guy Ryan Reaves delivered a questionable hit on Brad Stuart around the 6:01 mark of the third period, it seemed like it would be one of the most memorable moments of a locked-down game. Instead, the Blues and Detroit Red Wings traded jaw-dropping highlights in a game that ended up being a 3-2 shootout win for Detroit (more on that soon), but there still might be some consequences from that check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Reaves received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct for that hit, but does he deserve a suspension on top of that? If so, how many games would be appropriate?
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47