Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 PM EDT
When St. Louis Blues tough guy Ryan Reaves delivered a questionable hit on Brad Stuart around the 6:01 mark of the third period, it seemed like it would be one of the most memorable moments of a locked-down game. Instead, the Blues and Detroit Red Wings traded jaw-dropping highlights in a game that ended up being a 3-2 shootout win for Detroit (more on that soon), but there still might be some consequences from that check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Reaves received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct for that hit, but does he deserve a suspension on top of that? If so, how many games would be appropriate?
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 2
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 10
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 34
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 6
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 114
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 55
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 42
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20