Apr 4, 2012, 10:51 PM EST
When St. Louis Blues tough guy Ryan Reaves delivered a questionable hit on Brad Stuart around the 6:01 mark of the third period, it seemed like it would be one of the most memorable moments of a locked-down game. Instead, the Blues and Detroit Red Wings traded jaw-dropping highlights in a game that ended up being a 3-2 shootout win for Detroit (more on that soon), but there still might be some consequences from that check:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Reaves received a five-minute boarding major and a game misconduct for that hit, but does he deserve a suspension on top of that? If so, how many games would be appropriate?
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 55
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12