Apr 4, 2012, 12:25 AM EST
NBC Sports Network carried two contests full of top-tier talent without huge playoff implications. What did that mean? A lot of goals – most of them coming from sloppiness.
For people with a lot of Jacques Lemaire in their souls, that hockey might have been disgraceful. The rest of us probably at least partially enjoyed the chaos. Check out highlights of the game below to get the synopsis of all the wild scoring in a 5-3 Pittsburgh Penguins win against the Boston Bruins.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Anaheim Ducks-Vancouver Canucks is shaping up to be similar – if not a bit more competitive – so expect an update with video of that game in this post later tonight.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 11
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 78
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)