Apr 4, 2012, 12:25 AM EDT
NBC Sports Network carried two contests full of top-tier talent without huge playoff implications. What did that mean? A lot of goals – most of them coming from sloppiness.
For people with a lot of Jacques Lemaire in their souls, that hockey might have been disgraceful. The rest of us probably at least partially enjoyed the chaos. Check out highlights of the game below to get the synopsis of all the wild scoring in a 5-3 Pittsburgh Penguins win against the Boston Bruins.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The Anaheim Ducks-Vancouver Canucks is shaping up to be similar – if not a bit more competitive – so expect an update with video of that game in this post later tonight.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 16
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 47
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)