Apr 4, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Say this about Jeff Bone — he’s dedicated.
The lifelong St. Louis Blues fan showed off that dedication Wednesday when he purchased playoff tickets. See, the Blues haven’t been to the postseason since 2009 and Bone wanted to be the first to get seats….thus explaining why he lined up for 13 hours.
“This is my life. I bleed blue,” Bone told St. Louis Blues Online. “I wanted to be the first one [in line] and I was. I had my Blues blanket and my computer and I watched Season One of Sons of Anarchy.”
Bone began waiting outside the Scottrade Center around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Wednesday with the line starting to form around 5:30 — approximately nine hours before Bone set up shop.
“My mom delivered me and we came straight here,” he said. “I’ve been a Blues fan since the day I was born.”
St. Louis has already clinched the Central Division crown and a top-two finish in the Western Conference. The Presidents’ Trophy is also still within reach — the Blues sit three points back of the Canucks and Rangers, with a game in hand.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 0
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54