Apr 4, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Say this about Jeff Bone — he’s dedicated.
The lifelong St. Louis Blues fan showed off that dedication Wednesday when he purchased playoff tickets. See, the Blues haven’t been to the postseason since 2009 and Bone wanted to be the first to get seats….thus explaining why he lined up for 13 hours.
“This is my life. I bleed blue,” Bone told St. Louis Blues Online. “I wanted to be the first one [in line] and I was. I had my Blues blanket and my computer and I watched Season One of Sons of Anarchy.”
Bone began waiting outside the Scottrade Center around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Wednesday with the line starting to form around 5:30 — approximately nine hours before Bone set up shop.
“My mom delivered me and we came straight here,” he said. “I’ve been a Blues fan since the day I was born.”
St. Louis has already clinched the Central Division crown and a top-two finish in the Western Conference. The Presidents’ Trophy is also still within reach — the Blues sit three points back of the Canucks and Rangers, with a game in hand.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22