Apr 4, 2012, 4:33 PM EST
Say this about Jeff Bone — he’s dedicated.
The lifelong St. Louis Blues fan showed off that dedication Wednesday when he purchased playoff tickets. See, the Blues haven’t been to the postseason since 2009 and Bone wanted to be the first to get seats….thus explaining why he lined up for 13 hours.
“This is my life. I bleed blue,” Bone told St. Louis Blues Online. “I wanted to be the first one [in line] and I was. I had my Blues blanket and my computer and I watched Season One of Sons of Anarchy.”
Bone began waiting outside the Scottrade Center around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Wednesday with the line starting to form around 5:30 — approximately nine hours before Bone set up shop.
“My mom delivered me and we came straight here,” he said. “I’ve been a Blues fan since the day I was born.”
St. Louis has already clinched the Central Division crown and a top-two finish in the Western Conference. The Presidents’ Trophy is also still within reach — the Blues sit three points back of the Canucks and Rangers, with a game in hand.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)