Apr 4, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Say this about Jeff Bone — he’s dedicated.
The lifelong St. Louis Blues fan showed off that dedication Wednesday when he purchased playoff tickets. See, the Blues haven’t been to the postseason since 2009 and Bone wanted to be the first to get seats….thus explaining why he lined up for 13 hours.
“This is my life. I bleed blue,” Bone told St. Louis Blues Online. “I wanted to be the first one [in line] and I was. I had my Blues blanket and my computer and I watched Season One of Sons of Anarchy.”
Bone began waiting outside the Scottrade Center around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Wednesday with the line starting to form around 5:30 — approximately nine hours before Bone set up shop.
“My mom delivered me and we came straight here,” he said. “I’ve been a Blues fan since the day I was born.”
St. Louis has already clinched the Central Division crown and a top-two finish in the Western Conference. The Presidents’ Trophy is also still within reach — the Blues sit three points back of the Canucks and Rangers, with a game in hand.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 0
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 58
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)