Apr 4, 2012, 4:33 PM EDT
Say this about Jeff Bone — he’s dedicated.
The lifelong St. Louis Blues fan showed off that dedication Wednesday when he purchased playoff tickets. See, the Blues haven’t been to the postseason since 2009 and Bone wanted to be the first to get seats….thus explaining why he lined up for 13 hours.
“This is my life. I bleed blue,” Bone told St. Louis Blues Online. “I wanted to be the first one [in line] and I was. I had my Blues blanket and my computer and I watched Season One of Sons of Anarchy.”
Bone began waiting outside the Scottrade Center around 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets went on sale at 10 a.m. Wednesday with the line starting to form around 5:30 — approximately nine hours before Bone set up shop.
“My mom delivered me and we came straight here,” he said. “I’ve been a Blues fan since the day I was born.”
St. Louis has already clinched the Central Division crown and a top-two finish in the Western Conference. The Presidents’ Trophy is also still within reach — the Blues sit three points back of the Canucks and Rangers, with a game in hand.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32