Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The confirmation comes two days after a report from Radio-Canada Sports claimed Price was concussed (also claiming it got the information from Mulder.) It’s now believed the 24-year-old netminder suffered the injury from a collision with teammate David Desharnais:
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price sat out practice for the second consecutive day because of headaches — and possibly a concussion — stemming from a collision with teammate David Desharnais last Thursday.
Desharnais said he collided with another skater during a two-on-one drill and then ran into Price. The centre said he hurt his ribs on the play and Price told him he had a headache.
Price, nonetheless, played the next night against the New York Rangers.
Following the Rangers game, Price complained of headaches and was replaced by Peter Budaj for Saturday’s game against Washington. Budaj will start again on Wednesday against Tampa, backed up by AHL Hamilton call-up Robert Mayer.
The injury means Price will finish the season 26-28-11 with a 2.43 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25