Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The confirmation comes two days after a report from Radio-Canada Sports claimed Price was concussed (also claiming it got the information from Mulder.) It’s now believed the 24-year-old netminder suffered the injury from a collision with teammate David Desharnais:
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price sat out practice for the second consecutive day because of headaches — and possibly a concussion — stemming from a collision with teammate David Desharnais last Thursday.
Desharnais said he collided with another skater during a two-on-one drill and then ran into Price. The centre said he hurt his ribs on the play and Price told him he had a headache.
Price, nonetheless, played the next night against the New York Rangers.
Following the Rangers game, Price complained of headaches and was replaced by Peter Budaj for Saturday’s game against Washington. Budaj will start again on Wednesday against Tampa, backed up by AHL Hamilton call-up Robert Mayer.
The injury means Price will finish the season 26-28-11 with a 2.43 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 18
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 46
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 1
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control