Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The confirmation comes two days after a report from Radio-Canada Sports claimed Price was concussed (also claiming it got the information from Mulder.) It’s now believed the 24-year-old netminder suffered the injury from a collision with teammate David Desharnais:
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price sat out practice for the second consecutive day because of headaches — and possibly a concussion — stemming from a collision with teammate David Desharnais last Thursday.
Desharnais said he collided with another skater during a two-on-one drill and then ran into Price. The centre said he hurt his ribs on the play and Price told him he had a headache.
Price, nonetheless, played the next night against the New York Rangers.
Following the Rangers game, Price complained of headaches and was replaced by Peter Budaj for Saturday’s game against Washington. Budaj will start again on Wednesday against Tampa, backed up by AHL Hamilton call-up Robert Mayer.
The injury means Price will finish the season 26-28-11 with a 2.43 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 16
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)