Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The confirmation comes two days after a report from Radio-Canada Sports claimed Price was concussed (also claiming it got the information from Mulder.) It’s now believed the 24-year-old netminder suffered the injury from a collision with teammate David Desharnais:
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price sat out practice for the second consecutive day because of headaches — and possibly a concussion — stemming from a collision with teammate David Desharnais last Thursday.
Desharnais said he collided with another skater during a two-on-one drill and then ran into Price. The centre said he hurt his ribs on the play and Price told him he had a headache.
Price, nonetheless, played the next night against the New York Rangers.
Following the Rangers game, Price complained of headaches and was replaced by Peter Budaj for Saturday’s game against Washington. Budaj will start again on Wednesday against Tampa, backed up by AHL Hamilton call-up Robert Mayer.
The injury means Price will finish the season 26-28-11 with a 2.43 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 9
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 10
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 9
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 32
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)