Apr 4, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
The confirmation comes two days after a report from Radio-Canada Sports claimed Price was concussed (also claiming it got the information from Mulder.) It’s now believed the 24-year-old netminder suffered the injury from a collision with teammate David Desharnais:
Montreal Canadiens goalie Carey Price sat out practice for the second consecutive day because of headaches — and possibly a concussion — stemming from a collision with teammate David Desharnais last Thursday.
Desharnais said he collided with another skater during a two-on-one drill and then ran into Price. The centre said he hurt his ribs on the play and Price told him he had a headache.
Price, nonetheless, played the next night against the New York Rangers.
Following the Rangers game, Price complained of headaches and was replaced by Peter Budaj for Saturday’s game against Washington. Budaj will start again on Wednesday against Tampa, backed up by AHL Hamilton call-up Robert Mayer.
The injury means Price will finish the season 26-28-11 with a 2.43 GAA and .916 save percentage.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)