Apr 4, 2012, 12:20 PM EST
Can’t blame the usually loquacious Ilya Bryzgalov for being quiet on Wednesday.
The Flyers lost to the Rangers for the sixth and final time, marking New York’s first season sweep of Philadelphia in 40 years. Bryzgalov was front and center for the loss, allowing four goals on the first 11 shots in his return game after missing two with a chip fracture in his foot.
The foot injury one thing Bryz declined to discuss postgame, according to CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio.
Asked how he felt …
“I can’t tell you anything about me,” he replied, then added to ask him about his foot on Wednesday.
Does the foot bother you?
“We are close to the playoffs, I don’t want to talk about this.”
To be fair, Bryzgalov was hung out to dry on a number of occasions. The Rangers scored twice on the power play and Philadelphia’s defensive-zone coverage left much to be desired (like in this instance):
“It is a little bit tough,” Bryzgalov said. “They had some power plays and some five on threes. It seems like in the first period there was a shot and a rebound and maybe we kind of waited a little bit.
“Maybe it was a little bit fresher. It is tough to say, but they scored goals because of it.”
It’ll be interesting to see if Bryzgalov can regain his form in time for the playoffs. On Monday, he was named the NHL’s player of the month for March after posting a 10-2-1 record with a 1.43 GAA and .947 save percentage.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)