Apr 4, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Can’t blame the usually loquacious Ilya Bryzgalov for being quiet on Wednesday.
The Flyers lost to the Rangers for the sixth and final time, marking New York’s first season sweep of Philadelphia in 40 years. Bryzgalov was front and center for the loss, allowing four goals on the first 11 shots in his return game after missing two with a chip fracture in his foot.
The foot injury one thing Bryz declined to discuss postgame, according to CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio.
Asked how he felt …
“I can’t tell you anything about me,” he replied, then added to ask him about his foot on Wednesday.
Does the foot bother you?
“We are close to the playoffs, I don’t want to talk about this.”
To be fair, Bryzgalov was hung out to dry on a number of occasions. The Rangers scored twice on the power play and Philadelphia’s defensive-zone coverage left much to be desired (like in this instance):
“It is a little bit tough,” Bryzgalov said. “They had some power plays and some five on threes. It seems like in the first period there was a shot and a rebound and maybe we kind of waited a little bit.
“Maybe it was a little bit fresher. It is tough to say, but they scored goals because of it.”
It’ll be interesting to see if Bryzgalov can regain his form in time for the playoffs. On Monday, he was named the NHL’s player of the month for March after posting a 10-2-1 record with a 1.43 GAA and .947 save percentage.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 19
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54