Apr 4, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
Can’t blame the usually loquacious Ilya Bryzgalov for being quiet on Wednesday.
The Flyers lost to the Rangers for the sixth and final time, marking New York’s first season sweep of Philadelphia in 40 years. Bryzgalov was front and center for the loss, allowing four goals on the first 11 shots in his return game after missing two with a chip fracture in his foot.
The foot injury one thing Bryz declined to discuss postgame, according to CSN Philadelphia’s Tim Panaccio.
Asked how he felt …
“I can’t tell you anything about me,” he replied, then added to ask him about his foot on Wednesday.
Does the foot bother you?
“We are close to the playoffs, I don’t want to talk about this.”
To be fair, Bryzgalov was hung out to dry on a number of occasions. The Rangers scored twice on the power play and Philadelphia’s defensive-zone coverage left much to be desired (like in this instance):
“It is a little bit tough,” Bryzgalov said. “They had some power plays and some five on threes. It seems like in the first period there was a shot and a rebound and maybe we kind of waited a little bit.
“Maybe it was a little bit fresher. It is tough to say, but they scored goals because of it.”
It’ll be interesting to see if Bryzgalov can regain his form in time for the playoffs. On Monday, he was named the NHL’s player of the month for March after posting a 10-2-1 record with a 1.43 GAA and .947 save percentage.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)