Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 PM EST
According to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews could be in the lineup when Chicago takes on Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center this Thursday.
But according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville, only Toews can make the decision.
“It’s up to him,” Quenneville told the Sun-Times after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s progressing enough that he’ll make that call.”
Toews has missed the last 20 games with a concussion, but has practiced thoroughly over the last two weeks without setback. On Tuesday, he even flung himself into the boards after celebrating a goal, suggesting absorbing contact isn’t a problem.
That said, Toews is still preaching caution.
“Even when I’m ready to start playing again, there’s still going to be some days where you’re going to have to progress towards feeling like myself again,” he said. “I haven’t made that decision for Thursday yet. I have another full day before that.
“I’ll practice with the guys and we’ll see how that goes and come Thursday we’ll make a decision.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 4
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 6
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 8
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 37
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8