Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
According to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews could be in the lineup when Chicago takes on Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center this Thursday.
But according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville, only Toews can make the decision.
“It’s up to him,” Quenneville told the Sun-Times after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s progressing enough that he’ll make that call.”
Toews has missed the last 20 games with a concussion, but has practiced thoroughly over the last two weeks without setback. On Tuesday, he even flung himself into the boards after celebrating a goal, suggesting absorbing contact isn’t a problem.
That said, Toews is still preaching caution.
“Even when I’m ready to start playing again, there’s still going to be some days where you’re going to have to progress towards feeling like myself again,” he said. “I haven’t made that decision for Thursday yet. I have another full day before that.
“I’ll practice with the guys and we’ll see how that goes and come Thursday we’ll make a decision.”
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6