Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
According to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews could be in the lineup when Chicago takes on Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center this Thursday.
But according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville, only Toews can make the decision.
“It’s up to him,” Quenneville told the Sun-Times after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s progressing enough that he’ll make that call.”
Toews has missed the last 20 games with a concussion, but has practiced thoroughly over the last two weeks without setback. On Tuesday, he even flung himself into the boards after celebrating a goal, suggesting absorbing contact isn’t a problem.
That said, Toews is still preaching caution.
“Even when I’m ready to start playing again, there’s still going to be some days where you’re going to have to progress towards feeling like myself again,” he said. “I haven’t made that decision for Thursday yet. I have another full day before that.
“I’ll practice with the guys and we’ll see how that goes and come Thursday we’ll make a decision.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)