Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
According to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews could be in the lineup when Chicago takes on Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center this Thursday.
But according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville, only Toews can make the decision.
“It’s up to him,” Quenneville told the Sun-Times after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s progressing enough that he’ll make that call.”
Toews has missed the last 20 games with a concussion, but has practiced thoroughly over the last two weeks without setback. On Tuesday, he even flung himself into the boards after celebrating a goal, suggesting absorbing contact isn’t a problem.
That said, Toews is still preaching caution.
“Even when I’m ready to start playing again, there’s still going to be some days where you’re going to have to progress towards feeling like myself again,” he said. “I haven’t made that decision for Thursday yet. I have another full day before that.
“I’ll practice with the guys and we’ll see how that goes and come Thursday we’ll make a decision.”
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6