Apr 3, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
According to Adam Jahns of the Chicago Sun-Times, Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews could be in the lineup when Chicago takes on Minnesota at the Xcel Energy Center this Thursday.
But according to ‘Hawks head coach Joel Quenneville, only Toews can make the decision.
“It’s up to him,” Quenneville told the Sun-Times after Tuesday’s practice. “He’s progressing enough that he’ll make that call.”
Toews has missed the last 20 games with a concussion, but has practiced thoroughly over the last two weeks without setback. On Tuesday, he even flung himself into the boards after celebrating a goal, suggesting absorbing contact isn’t a problem.
That said, Toews is still preaching caution.
“Even when I’m ready to start playing again, there’s still going to be some days where you’re going to have to progress towards feeling like myself again,” he said. “I haven’t made that decision for Thursday yet. I have another full day before that.
“I’ll practice with the guys and we’ll see how that goes and come Thursday we’ll make a decision.”
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 51
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12