Apr 3, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Tonight, the Florida Panthers host the Winnipeg Jets knowing a win secures their first playoff berth since 1999-2000.
So hey, no pressure.
And hey, no additional pressure given this latest release from the NHL’s “Because It’s The Cup” campaign:
Speaking of marketing initiatives, we thought it’d be fun to find a series of popular commercials from the last time the Panthers made the playoffs. And guess what? The year 2000 just so happened to coincide with one of the greatest commercial campaigns in television history:
Enjoy having that stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 0
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 13
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 31
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 33
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10