Apr 3, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Tonight, the Florida Panthers host the Winnipeg Jets knowing a win secures their first playoff berth since 1999-2000.
So hey, no pressure.
And hey, no additional pressure given this latest release from the NHL’s “Because It’s The Cup” campaign:
Speaking of marketing initiatives, we thought it’d be fun to find a series of popular commercials from the last time the Panthers made the playoffs. And guess what? The year 2000 just so happened to coincide with one of the greatest commercial campaigns in television history:
Enjoy having that stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 51
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39