Apr 3, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Tonight, the Florida Panthers host the Winnipeg Jets knowing a win secures their first playoff berth since 1999-2000.
So hey, no pressure.
And hey, no additional pressure given this latest release from the NHL’s “Because It’s The Cup” campaign:
Speaking of marketing initiatives, we thought it’d be fun to find a series of popular commercials from the last time the Panthers made the playoffs. And guess what? The year 2000 just so happened to coincide with one of the greatest commercial campaigns in television history:
Enjoy having that stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)