Apr 3, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Tonight, the Florida Panthers host the Winnipeg Jets knowing a win secures their first playoff berth since 1999-2000.
So hey, no pressure.
And hey, no additional pressure given this latest release from the NHL’s “Because It’s The Cup” campaign:
Speaking of marketing initiatives, we thought it’d be fun to find a series of popular commercials from the last time the Panthers made the playoffs. And guess what? The year 2000 just so happened to coincide with one of the greatest commercial campaigns in television history:
Enjoy having that stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)