Apr 3, 2012, 4:31 PM EDT
Tonight, the Florida Panthers host the Winnipeg Jets knowing a win secures their first playoff berth since 1999-2000.
So hey, no pressure.
And hey, no additional pressure given this latest release from the NHL’s “Because It’s The Cup” campaign:
Speaking of marketing initiatives, we thought it’d be fun to find a series of popular commercials from the last time the Panthers made the playoffs. And guess what? The year 2000 just so happened to coincide with one of the greatest commercial campaigns in television history:
Enjoy having that stuck in your head for the rest of the day.
- Subban, Habs can’t agree to terms before arbitration hearing 16
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 63
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)