Apr 3, 2012, 12:04 PM EST
If Dallas loses to San Jose in regulation tonight at home and the Coyotes beat Columbus at home, the Stars will wake up tomorrow three points out of a playoff spot with just two games left — one of those games in Nashville, the other versus St. Louis.
In other words, they’ll be pretty much screwed.
That’s the bad news.
The good news for the Stars is they’ll be in good shape with a regulation win. That would move them a point up on the Sharks, plus Dallas is guaranteed to have the tiebreaker over San Jose.
So yeah, fairly important game tonight at the American Airlines Center.
“This game either puts us in the driver’s seat or takes us out of it, so it’s pretty big,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan said yesterday, as per The Dallas Morning News. “We’re still in a position where we have everything in our control. You’ve got to win games to get in and it’s nice to know that if we do, we control our own destiny.”
The Stars have only beaten the Sharks once in five tries this season.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 23
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 76
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)