Apr 3, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
If Dallas loses to San Jose in regulation tonight at home and the Coyotes beat Columbus at home, the Stars will wake up tomorrow three points out of a playoff spot with just two games left — one of those games in Nashville, the other versus St. Louis.
In other words, they’ll be pretty much screwed.
That’s the bad news.
The good news for the Stars is they’ll be in good shape with a regulation win. That would move them a point up on the Sharks, plus Dallas is guaranteed to have the tiebreaker over San Jose.
So yeah, fairly important game tonight at the American Airlines Center.
“This game either puts us in the driver’s seat or takes us out of it, so it’s pretty big,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan said yesterday, as per The Dallas Morning News. “We’re still in a position where we have everything in our control. You’ve got to win games to get in and it’s nice to know that if we do, we control our own destiny.”
The Stars have only beaten the Sharks once in five tries this season.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7