Apr 3, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
If Dallas loses to San Jose in regulation tonight at home and the Coyotes beat Columbus at home, the Stars will wake up tomorrow three points out of a playoff spot with just two games left — one of those games in Nashville, the other versus St. Louis.
In other words, they’ll be pretty much screwed.
That’s the bad news.
The good news for the Stars is they’ll be in good shape with a regulation win. That would move them a point up on the Sharks, plus Dallas is guaranteed to have the tiebreaker over San Jose.
So yeah, fairly important game tonight at the American Airlines Center.
“This game either puts us in the driver’s seat or takes us out of it, so it’s pretty big,” Stars coach Glen Gulutzan said yesterday, as per The Dallas Morning News. “We’re still in a position where we have everything in our control. You’ve got to win games to get in and it’s nice to know that if we do, we control our own destiny.”
The Stars have only beaten the Sharks once in five tries this season.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)