Apr 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
There’s a chance that Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov will play in Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to GM Paul Holmgren. Bryzgalov has been out for three straight contests because of a chip fracture in his foot.
Although nothing is set in stone, the Flyers could certainly use the boost in morale that Bryzgalov’s return would provide. They were able to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, but Daniel Briere and Nicklas Grossmann were both hurt in the process.
Bryzgalov has been hot-and-cold this season, but he was on fire prior to the injury. He has a 14-5-3 record and five shutouts since the All-Star break and was the NHL’s player of the month for March.
With three games left in the Flyers’ schedule, they’re fighting with the Pittsburgh Penguins for fourth place in the Eastern Conference and home ice advantage in their probable first round matchup. Philadelphia is one point behind the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Update: Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports Bryzgalov will get the start tonight.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)