Apr 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
There’s a chance that Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov will play in Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to GM Paul Holmgren. Bryzgalov has been out for three straight contests because of a chip fracture in his foot.
Although nothing is set in stone, the Flyers could certainly use the boost in morale that Bryzgalov’s return would provide. They were able to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, but Daniel Briere and Nicklas Grossmann were both hurt in the process.
Bryzgalov has been hot-and-cold this season, but he was on fire prior to the injury. He has a 14-5-3 record and five shutouts since the All-Star break and was the NHL’s player of the month for March.
With three games left in the Flyers’ schedule, they’re fighting with the Pittsburgh Penguins for fourth place in the Eastern Conference and home ice advantage in their probable first round matchup. Philadelphia is one point behind the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Update: Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports Bryzgalov will get the start tonight.
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 5
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 8
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 26
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)