Apr 3, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
There’s a chance that Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov will play in Tuesday’s game against the New York Rangers, according to GM Paul Holmgren. Bryzgalov has been out for three straight contests because of a chip fracture in his foot.
Although nothing is set in stone, the Flyers could certainly use the boost in morale that Bryzgalov’s return would provide. They were able to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday, but Daniel Briere and Nicklas Grossmann were both hurt in the process.
Bryzgalov has been hot-and-cold this season, but he was on fire prior to the injury. He has a 14-5-3 record and five shutouts since the All-Star break and was the NHL’s player of the month for March.
With three games left in the Flyers’ schedule, they’re fighting with the Pittsburgh Penguins for fourth place in the Eastern Conference and home ice advantage in their probable first round matchup. Philadelphia is one point behind the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Update: Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports Bryzgalov will get the start tonight.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)