Apr 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Laviolette, of course, exercised his right to be upset by smashing a hockey stick and screaming at the Penguins’ bench.
“The bottom line is that the game was over and they put their five toughest guys on the ice,” Berube said on CSN Philly’s Daily News Live.
And while Berube agreed that retaliation was to be expected after Philadelphia’s Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby, he also called Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
“They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things,” said Berube. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs [Crosby] over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”
So anyway, these two teams kinda hate each other.
You can watch the full interview below.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 19
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 39
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 75
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'