Apr 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Laviolette, of course, exercised his right to be upset by smashing a hockey stick and screaming at the Penguins’ bench.
“The bottom line is that the game was over and they put their five toughest guys on the ice,” Berube said on CSN Philly’s Daily News Live.
And while Berube agreed that retaliation was to be expected after Philadelphia’s Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby, he also called Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
“They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things,” said Berube. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs [Crosby] over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”
So anyway, these two teams kinda hate each other.
You can watch the full interview below.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)