Apr 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Laviolette, of course, exercised his right to be upset by smashing a hockey stick and screaming at the Penguins’ bench.
“The bottom line is that the game was over and they put their five toughest guys on the ice,” Berube said on CSN Philly’s Daily News Live.
And while Berube agreed that retaliation was to be expected after Philadelphia’s Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby, he also called Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
“They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things,” said Berube. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs [Crosby] over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”
So anyway, these two teams kinda hate each other.
You can watch the full interview below.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (100)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)