Apr 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Laviolette, of course, exercised his right to be upset by smashing a hockey stick and screaming at the Penguins’ bench.
“The bottom line is that the game was over and they put their five toughest guys on the ice,” Berube said on CSN Philly’s Daily News Live.
And while Berube agreed that retaliation was to be expected after Philadelphia’s Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby, he also called Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
“They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things,” said Berube. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs [Crosby] over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”
So anyway, these two teams kinda hate each other.
You can watch the full interview below.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22