Apr 3, 2012, 7:10 PM EDT
Laviolette, of course, exercised his right to be upset by smashing a hockey stick and screaming at the Penguins’ bench.
“The bottom line is that the game was over and they put their five toughest guys on the ice,” Berube said on CSN Philly’s Daily News Live.
And while Berube agreed that retaliation was to be expected after Philadelphia’s Brayden Schenn cross-checked Sidney Crosby, he also called Crosby and Evgeni Malkin “the two dirtiest players on their hockey team.”
“They slash, they punch guys in the face, they do all these little things,” said Berube. “I got no problem with what Schenn does, and if somebody runs [Crosby] over, that’s great, they should run him over. This guy gets away with too much in my opinion, whines to the refs all day and all night, it’s a joke.”
So anyway, these two teams kinda hate each other.
You can watch the full interview below.
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 0
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 23
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24