Apr 2, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Former Flyers player Keith Jones previewed Pittsburgh and Philadelphia’s final regular season game and their probable matchup in the first round. You can check out his analysis below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the points he made that I’d like to highlight is the fact that the Penguins have won just one of their five meetings versus Philadelphia this season. In each of their last two contests, the Penguins have jumped to a 2-0 lead against the Flyers, but still lost. With that in mind, even if it turns out that Saturday’s game can’t impact either team’s place in the standings, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Penguins went all-out. I doubt they really want to have a 1-4-1 record against the Flyers going into the playoffs.
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 0
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 9
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 8
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 44
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28