Apr 2, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Former Flyers player Keith Jones previewed Pittsburgh and Philadelphia’s final regular season game and their probable matchup in the first round. You can check out his analysis below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the points he made that I’d like to highlight is the fact that the Penguins have won just one of their five meetings versus Philadelphia this season. In each of their last two contests, the Penguins have jumped to a 2-0 lead against the Flyers, but still lost. With that in mind, even if it turns out that Saturday’s game can’t impact either team’s place in the standings, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Penguins went all-out. I doubt they really want to have a 1-4-1 record against the Flyers going into the playoffs.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 94
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5