Apr 2, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Former Flyers player Keith Jones previewed Pittsburgh and Philadelphia’s final regular season game and their probable matchup in the first round. You can check out his analysis below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the points he made that I’d like to highlight is the fact that the Penguins have won just one of their five meetings versus Philadelphia this season. In each of their last two contests, the Penguins have jumped to a 2-0 lead against the Flyers, but still lost. With that in mind, even if it turns out that Saturday’s game can’t impact either team’s place in the standings, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Penguins went all-out. I doubt they really want to have a 1-4-1 record against the Flyers going into the playoffs.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63