Apr 2, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
Former Flyers player Keith Jones previewed Pittsburgh and Philadelphia’s final regular season game and their probable matchup in the first round. You can check out his analysis below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One of the points he made that I’d like to highlight is the fact that the Penguins have won just one of their five meetings versus Philadelphia this season. In each of their last two contests, the Penguins have jumped to a 2-0 lead against the Flyers, but still lost. With that in mind, even if it turns out that Saturday’s game can’t impact either team’s place in the standings, it wouldn’t be surprising if the Penguins went all-out. I doubt they really want to have a 1-4-1 record against the Flyers going into the playoffs.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 3
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22