Apr 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Anaheim’s 2-1 loss to Edmonton on Sunday was their final home game of the season, which meant it might also be the Ducks’ fans last chance to see Teemu Selanne play. As several of them held up signs asking for him to return for the 2012-13 campaign, the crowd cheered Selanne. The referee decided to delay the faceoff to give the fans more time to show their appreciation.
Of course, it’s entirely possible that Selanne will return for another season, but we probably won’t know for sure until the summer. What we can say with relative certainty is that Selanne won’t have a problem finding employment in the NHL if he decides that he wants to return.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8