Apr 2, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
Anaheim’s 2-1 loss to Edmonton on Sunday was their final home game of the season, which meant it might also be the Ducks’ fans last chance to see Teemu Selanne play. As several of them held up signs asking for him to return for the 2012-13 campaign, the crowd cheered Selanne. The referee decided to delay the faceoff to give the fans more time to show their appreciation.
Of course, it’s entirely possible that Selanne will return for another season, but we probably won’t know for sure until the summer. What we can say with relative certainty is that Selanne won’t have a problem finding employment in the NHL if he decides that he wants to return.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 8
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 8
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 5
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 14
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 46
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 62
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1