Apr 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
From Apr. 1-10, ProHockeyTalk will be counting down the Top 10 moments from the 2011 postseason.
Here’s No. 9 — a 41-year-old goalie leads the comeback for the Lightning.
Dwayne Roloson was the unlikely hero in Tampa Bay’s surprise run to the Eastern Conference finals, and in no series was he better than the first-round match-up against Pittsburgh – a series that saw the Lightning fall behind 3-1 before winning the last three games, including a 1-0 victory in Game 7.
Roloson, then 41 years old, stopped all 36 shots in the deciding game at the CONSOL Energy Center. In the Lightning’s four victories, he allowed just five goals on 134 shots, good for a save percentage of .963.
“Obviously he was amazing once again,” teammate Steven Stamkos said of Roloson after Game 7. “He’s just defying the odds. He was our MVP for sure.”
Check back daily for the latest installment of PHT’s Top 10 moments of the 2011 playoffs.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 2
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 15
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 107
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (110)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)