Apr 2, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
From Apr. 1-10, ProHockeyTalk will be counting down the Top 10 moments from the 2011 postseason.
Here’s No. 9 — a 41-year-old goalie leads the comeback for the Lightning.
Dwayne Roloson was the unlikely hero in Tampa Bay’s surprise run to the Eastern Conference finals, and in no series was he better than the first-round match-up against Pittsburgh – a series that saw the Lightning fall behind 3-1 before winning the last three games, including a 1-0 victory in Game 7.
Roloson, then 41 years old, stopped all 36 shots in the deciding game at the CONSOL Energy Center. In the Lightning’s four victories, he allowed just five goals on 134 shots, good for a save percentage of .963.
“Obviously he was amazing once again,” teammate Steven Stamkos said of Roloson after Game 7. “He’s just defying the odds. He was our MVP for sure.”
Check back daily for the latest installment of PHT’s Top 10 moments of the 2011 playoffs.
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 4
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 14
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 35
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 68
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 6
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 28
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte
- Play Video: Highlights: Kings beat Sharks, take series lead
- Play Video: Brown takes out goalie Niemi
- Play Video: Demers commits reckless penalty
- Play Video: Demers slashes Doughty, but no call made
- Play Video: Niemi robs Carter to preserve tie
- Play Video: Highlights: Wings take 3-1 series lead over 'Hawks