Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
As if having the courage to taunt the one and only Hulk Hogan during yesterday’s Flyers-Penguins game didn’t prove Scott Hartnell wasn’t intimated by the Consol Energy Center, the Philly forward put it into words following Philly’s 6-4 victory.
“This is a much different building than the Igloo,” Hartnell said, as per NHL.com. “You were almost scared coming into the Igloo, people were right on you. And how dumpy the place was, it was tough. I think it’s good we have the confidence to play here. We know in our hearts and our heads we can beat these guys.”
Have to admit I’ve never heard the old Civic Arena called intimidating. Chicago Stadium. Boston Garden. The Spectrum. Those were definitely intimidating. But if Hartnell says the Igloo was intimidating then I’ll take his word for it.
Maybe it has to do with all the new buildings being so similar to each other. It’s really nice, but the Consol Energy Center looks like a lot of rinks around the league. The Igloo did not. (It looked like an igloo.)
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35