Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 AM EST
As if having the courage to taunt the one and only Hulk Hogan during yesterday’s Flyers-Penguins game didn’t prove Scott Hartnell wasn’t intimated by the Consol Energy Center, the Philly forward put it into words following Philly’s 6-4 victory.
“This is a much different building than the Igloo,” Hartnell said, as per NHL.com. “You were almost scared coming into the Igloo, people were right on you. And how dumpy the place was, it was tough. I think it’s good we have the confidence to play here. We know in our hearts and our heads we can beat these guys.”
Have to admit I’ve never heard the old Civic Arena called intimidating. Chicago Stadium. Boston Garden. The Spectrum. Those were definitely intimidating. But if Hartnell says the Igloo was intimidating then I’ll take his word for it.
Maybe it has to do with all the new buildings being so similar to each other. It’s really nice, but the Consol Energy Center looks like a lot of rinks around the league. The Igloo did not. (It looked like an igloo.)
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 5
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2