Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
As if having the courage to taunt the one and only Hulk Hogan during yesterday’s Flyers-Penguins game didn’t prove Scott Hartnell wasn’t intimated by the Consol Energy Center, the Philly forward put it into words following Philly’s 6-4 victory.
“This is a much different building than the Igloo,” Hartnell said, as per NHL.com. “You were almost scared coming into the Igloo, people were right on you. And how dumpy the place was, it was tough. I think it’s good we have the confidence to play here. We know in our hearts and our heads we can beat these guys.”
Have to admit I’ve never heard the old Civic Arena called intimidating. Chicago Stadium. Boston Garden. The Spectrum. Those were definitely intimidating. But if Hartnell says the Igloo was intimidating then I’ll take his word for it.
Maybe it has to do with all the new buildings being so similar to each other. It’s really nice, but the Consol Energy Center looks like a lot of rinks around the league. The Igloo did not. (It looked like an igloo.)
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22