Apr 2, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
As if having the courage to taunt the one and only Hulk Hogan during yesterday’s Flyers-Penguins game didn’t prove Scott Hartnell wasn’t intimated by the Consol Energy Center, the Philly forward put it into words following Philly’s 6-4 victory.
“This is a much different building than the Igloo,” Hartnell said, as per NHL.com. “You were almost scared coming into the Igloo, people were right on you. And how dumpy the place was, it was tough. I think it’s good we have the confidence to play here. We know in our hearts and our heads we can beat these guys.”
Have to admit I’ve never heard the old Civic Arena called intimidating. Chicago Stadium. Boston Garden. The Spectrum. Those were definitely intimidating. But if Hartnell says the Igloo was intimidating then I’ll take his word for it.
Maybe it has to do with all the new buildings being so similar to each other. It’s really nice, but the Consol Energy Center looks like a lot of rinks around the league. The Igloo did not. (It looked like an igloo.)
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL