Apr 2, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Radio-Canada says it was informed of Price’s injury by Montreal team doctor David Mulder.
Price, 24, has been out of the Montreal lineup since allowing four goals on 29 shots in Friday’s loss to the Rangers. He played the entire game but was held out of Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Washington (Peter Budaj was in goal for the Canadiens) and didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.
Today, Montreal’s official Twitter feed said Price was “suffering from headaches,” and that his status “is being re-evaluated daily.”
It’s unclear when Price may have suffered the concussion, though a recent CBC report claims the injury occurred at practice.
Price is 26-28-11 this year with a .916 save percentage and 2.43 GAA. He was Montreal’s lone representative at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 0
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 40
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 12
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)