Apr 2, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Radio-Canada says it was informed of Price’s injury by Montreal team doctor David Mulder.
Price, 24, has been out of the Montreal lineup since allowing four goals on 29 shots in Friday’s loss to the Rangers. He played the entire game but was held out of Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Washington (Peter Budaj was in goal for the Canadiens) and didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.
Today, Montreal’s official Twitter feed said Price was “suffering from headaches,” and that his status “is being re-evaluated daily.”
It’s unclear when Price may have suffered the concussion, though a recent CBC report claims the injury occurred at practice.
Price is 26-28-11 this year with a .916 save percentage and 2.43 GAA. He was Montreal’s lone representative at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 19
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 18
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 28
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)