Apr 2, 2012, 5:48 PM EST
Radio-Canada says it was informed of Price’s injury by Montreal team doctor David Mulder.
Price, 24, has been out of the Montreal lineup since allowing four goals on 29 shots in Friday’s loss to the Rangers. He played the entire game but was held out of Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Washington (Peter Budaj was in goal for the Canadiens) and didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.
Today, Montreal’s official Twitter feed said Price was “suffering from headaches,” and that his status “is being re-evaluated daily.”
It’s unclear when Price may have suffered the concussion, though a recent CBC report claims the injury occurred at practice.
Price is 26-28-11 this year with a .916 save percentage and 2.43 GAA. He was Montreal’s lone representative at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 64
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 37
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)