Apr 2, 2012, 5:48 PM EDT
Radio-Canada says it was informed of Price’s injury by Montreal team doctor David Mulder.
Price, 24, has been out of the Montreal lineup since allowing four goals on 29 shots in Friday’s loss to the Rangers. He played the entire game but was held out of Saturday’s 3-2 shootout loss to Washington (Peter Budaj was in goal for the Canadiens) and didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.
Today, Montreal’s official Twitter feed said Price was “suffering from headaches,” and that his status “is being re-evaluated daily.”
It’s unclear when Price may have suffered the concussion, though a recent CBC report claims the injury occurred at practice.
Price is 26-28-11 this year with a .916 save percentage and 2.43 GAA. He was Montreal’s lone representative at the 2012 NHL All-Star Game in Ottawa.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15