Apr 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
The good news is Jeff Carter doesn’t have any “structural” damage to his ankle.
The bad news is it still really, really hurts.
“No fracture, but he does have a very deep bone bruise,” said Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi, as per LA Kings Insider. “He’s listed as day-to-day, but the one thing we know is, there’s not any structural problem. It still is significant, but at least we know it’s not a structural issue.”
Lombardi says it’s “really hard to say” when Carter could be back in the line-up.
The Kings host Edmonton tonight then play the San Jose Sharks twice to close out regular season. Depending how things go, L.A. could win the Pacific Division and claim the third seed in the Western Conference or they could miss the playoffs.
Carter has six goals and three assists in 16 games since being traded to the Kings from Columbus.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 21
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 9
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 18
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)