Apr 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
The good news is Jeff Carter doesn’t have any “structural” damage to his ankle.
The bad news is it still really, really hurts.
“No fracture, but he does have a very deep bone bruise,” said Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi, as per LA Kings Insider. “He’s listed as day-to-day, but the one thing we know is, there’s not any structural problem. It still is significant, but at least we know it’s not a structural issue.”
Lombardi says it’s “really hard to say” when Carter could be back in the line-up.
The Kings host Edmonton tonight then play the San Jose Sharks twice to close out regular season. Depending how things go, L.A. could win the Pacific Division and claim the third seed in the Western Conference or they could miss the playoffs.
Carter has six goals and three assists in 16 games since being traded to the Kings from Columbus.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50