Apr 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
The good news is Jeff Carter doesn’t have any “structural” damage to his ankle.
The bad news is it still really, really hurts.
“No fracture, but he does have a very deep bone bruise,” said Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi, as per LA Kings Insider. “He’s listed as day-to-day, but the one thing we know is, there’s not any structural problem. It still is significant, but at least we know it’s not a structural issue.”
Lombardi says it’s “really hard to say” when Carter could be back in the line-up.
The Kings host Edmonton tonight then play the San Jose Sharks twice to close out regular season. Depending how things go, L.A. could win the Pacific Division and claim the third seed in the Western Conference or they could miss the playoffs.
Carter has six goals and three assists in 16 games since being traded to the Kings from Columbus.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (83)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)