Apr 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EDT
The good news is Jeff Carter doesn’t have any “structural” damage to his ankle.
The bad news is it still really, really hurts.
“No fracture, but he does have a very deep bone bruise,” said Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi, as per LA Kings Insider. “He’s listed as day-to-day, but the one thing we know is, there’s not any structural problem. It still is significant, but at least we know it’s not a structural issue.”
Lombardi says it’s “really hard to say” when Carter could be back in the line-up.
The Kings host Edmonton tonight then play the San Jose Sharks twice to close out regular season. Depending how things go, L.A. could win the Pacific Division and claim the third seed in the Western Conference or they could miss the playoffs.
Carter has six goals and three assists in 16 games since being traded to the Kings from Columbus.
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 9
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 12
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4