Apr 2, 2012, 3:23 PM EST
The good news is Jeff Carter doesn’t have any “structural” damage to his ankle.
The bad news is it still really, really hurts.
“No fracture, but he does have a very deep bone bruise,” said Los Angeles GM Dean Lombardi, as per LA Kings Insider. “He’s listed as day-to-day, but the one thing we know is, there’s not any structural problem. It still is significant, but at least we know it’s not a structural issue.”
Lombardi says it’s “really hard to say” when Carter could be back in the line-up.
The Kings host Edmonton tonight then play the San Jose Sharks twice to close out regular season. Depending how things go, L.A. could win the Pacific Division and claim the third seed in the Western Conference or they could miss the playoffs.
Carter has six goals and three assists in 16 games since being traded to the Kings from Columbus.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 11
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 18
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)