Apr 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
The NHL Department of Player Safety has scheduled a hearing Monday afternoon with Detroit’s Kyle Quincey to discuss his high elbow on Florida’s Tomas Kopecky during Sunday’s contest. If you missed the play, you can take a look at it below.
The incident resulted in a game misconduct and five-minute elbowing major for Quincey. Kopecky was able to return, which is something disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan takes into account.
Quincey said after the game that he thinks Kopecky was falling when Quincey went to hit him, but Quincey’s feet appeared to leave the ice as he delivered the hit. Kopecky also argued that Quincey’s elbow made contact with his face.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)