Apr 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
The NHL Department of Player Safety has scheduled a hearing Monday afternoon with Detroit’s Kyle Quincey to discuss his high elbow on Florida’s Tomas Kopecky during Sunday’s contest. If you missed the play, you can take a look at it below.
The incident resulted in a game misconduct and five-minute elbowing major for Quincey. Kopecky was able to return, which is something disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan takes into account.
Quincey said after the game that he thinks Kopecky was falling when Quincey went to hit him, but Quincey’s feet appeared to leave the ice as he delivered the hit. Kopecky also argued that Quincey’s elbow made contact with his face.
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 12
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 49
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 31
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 11
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)