Apr 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
The NHL Department of Player Safety has scheduled a hearing Monday afternoon with Detroit’s Kyle Quincey to discuss his high elbow on Florida’s Tomas Kopecky during Sunday’s contest. If you missed the play, you can take a look at it below.
The incident resulted in a game misconduct and five-minute elbowing major for Quincey. Kopecky was able to return, which is something disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan takes into account.
Quincey said after the game that he thinks Kopecky was falling when Quincey went to hit him, but Quincey’s feet appeared to leave the ice as he delivered the hit. Kopecky also argued that Quincey’s elbow made contact with his face.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)