Apr 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
The NHL Department of Player Safety has scheduled a hearing Monday afternoon with Detroit’s Kyle Quincey to discuss his high elbow on Florida’s Tomas Kopecky during Sunday’s contest. If you missed the play, you can take a look at it below.
The incident resulted in a game misconduct and five-minute elbowing major for Quincey. Kopecky was able to return, which is something disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan takes into account.
Quincey said after the game that he thinks Kopecky was falling when Quincey went to hit him, but Quincey’s feet appeared to leave the ice as he delivered the hit. Kopecky also argued that Quincey’s elbow made contact with his face.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 6
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 26
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 43
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20