Apr 2, 2012, 10:05 AM EDT
The NHL Department of Player Safety has scheduled a hearing Monday afternoon with Detroit’s Kyle Quincey to discuss his high elbow on Florida’s Tomas Kopecky during Sunday’s contest. If you missed the play, you can take a look at it below.
The incident resulted in a game misconduct and five-minute elbowing major for Quincey. Kopecky was able to return, which is something disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan takes into account.
Quincey said after the game that he thinks Kopecky was falling when Quincey went to hit him, but Quincey’s feet appeared to leave the ice as he delivered the hit. Kopecky also argued that Quincey’s elbow made contact with his face.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)