Apr 2, 2012, 11:35 AM EDT
Colborne, the big 22-year-old center acquired from Boston in last year’s Tomas Kaberle trade, has already played nine games with the Leafs this season, scoring once and adding three assists.
A 16th overall pick in 2008, Colborne is seen by the Leafs as a future top-six center in the NHL. Toronto already has four centers — Grabovski, Tyler Bozak, Tim Connolly and Matthew Lombardi — under contract for 2012-13. So if Colborne becomes a full-timer NHLer next season — and it’s probably time for that to happen — GM Brian Burke might have to make a move.
Colborne has 16 goals and 21 assists in 60 games with the Marlies.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)